Community_discussions_small  

Comment

How's this for flight prices to Europe from Australia

11 Nov 2009 calabreseboy said

Default_avatar
Just wanted to get some impressions on this quote for flights I got to Europe from Melbourne, Australia.

Doing the Berlin to Budapest Contiki on July 24th, 2010.

Flying Emirates to London a few weeks before the Contiki begins. Return to Europe (Arriving in London, Departing from Greece back home) for $1900.

Only downside is I have to pay for the airfares in full by November 20. Should I, or do you all think I might be able to get a better price further down the track?

And I'm not really prepared to fly with the cheap airlines where I have to pay extra for my luggage and food.
  • 11 Nov 2009 lizzie said

lizzie

hi thats pretty good mine where just over that around $2000 flying 31st may and returning 45th july in to london and out of amsterdam from sydney. You can wait till later and there might be some specials, but i wanted to book my tour and wanted to be guaranteed to be able to get a flight at the right times and not too expensive. 1900 is good for flights from australia and u are going in peak time so the other side is the flights could fill easily and the cheaper tickets do sell first!

• 11 Nov 2009 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Hi,

That’s cheap. I’m flying over in August from Melbourne and it’s going to cost me $2600.
    I’d book it !!!!

• 12 Nov 2009 Krimajisty said

Krimajisty

hey you should get it for sure, its a great price, i picked my flight up for $1900 as well including taxes with qantas leaving end of june coming back end of july.

• 12 Nov 2009 Meaghan said

Meaghan

I think that’s a great price.
    I got the same price flying Qantas in June and have to pay tomorrow but I think the prices have now gone up.

I would book that for sure!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 Nov 2009 Mel the aussie said

Mel the aussie

hey
    its been said about a million times but that is an awsome price… im going over in september 2010 and mine cost $2110 mind you thats from brisvegas and on qantas so melbournes prolly a tad bit cheaper

• 12 Nov 2009 tim.n said

Default_avatar

Hi,

That is a decent price but to be honest im not sure on flight prices and sometimes you can get good deals when they bring out specials.

Air Asia is a no frills budget airline that flies to London from Kualua Lumpur. Only a couple of days ago they had a special on. You could get flights to KL from Perth for around 140 and then a flight from KL to London for 160. Total return airfares was around $600. Obviously you have to pay for all meals and drinks on the flight and the leg room is pretty crappy. But might be one to have a look at if you would rather save somem oney on flights and put up with a little less luxury on the flights.

• 12 Nov 2009 Kielhenry said

Default_avatar

I booked mine for $1641 flying Malaysian to London.Then from Munich back to perth flying Emirates and this is on 21st june – 24th September!

• 14 Nov 2009 Tegan said

Tegan

Hey thats a good price I am flying with Emirates from Brisbane to London then Athens to Brisbane for $1805. They do bring deals out but you probably won’t get much better then that.

• 24 Nov 2009 Bunnie said

Default_avatar

My brother went with Air Asia, the only thing is they don’t fly to London. They fly to a smaller airport in England south west a few hours from london, so if you just want to go to London, I would book with a bigger airline that will take u into london Heathrow or even Gatwick airport

• 28 Nov 2009 TashD said

TashD

ive booked Emirates $1796 including tax!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    depends where your traveling from!!

• 29 Nov 2009 calabreseboy said

Default_avatar

Yep I booked mine for just under 1900. Along with my deposit for the Contiki, so worked out to be just under 2200. Leaving July 10th Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 29 Nov 2009 Branchman said

Default_avatar

i booked mine about 2 weeks ago and got them for $1870 flying from sydney to london return with a stop in dubai on the way home and flying with emirates. and this is just on the edge of peak season in june!!! very happy with the deal Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 29 Nov 2009 calabreseboy said

Default_avatar

Yep definitely. Very happy with that price. Go us! lol

• 14 Dec 2009 sophc said

sophc

Hey,
    I got my flights for $1400 inc taxes flying from brisbane to london return! leaving 12 feb to 7 march 2010! I’m doing the european inspiration departing london 15 feb. getting very close now! super excited!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    Soph

• 17 Dec 2009 Explorer1161116 said

Default_avatar

I just got flights a few days ago with Emirates, return, tax inc, for $1399 from Brisbane to London with a quick stopover in Dubai!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion