Community_discussions_small  

Question

What did you take to Dinner & Pubs/clubs?

25 Feb 2010 Explorer1170605 asked

Default_avatar
Just wondering if people took a small handbag when they went to Dinner or when you went out at night? Or did you just take your normal day bag?

Also do you have to take your passport with you at night. I mean how strict are they at Pubs/Clubs? Im worried I will lose mine!!

Any other suggestions?
  • 25 Feb 2010 Tatiana said

Tatiana

well i havent done any tours yet but im planning on taking a cluth or a small purse

• 26 Feb 2010 Nat said

Nat

i took both a small handbag and clutch. just use what you would if you went out at home…. im pretty sure no matter what country the girls will have their little clutches and not day packs when clubbing Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

and about the passport, i always keep mine on me. but if your prone to losing things (especially when drunk!) maybe put it in the hotel safe if there is one.

• 26 Feb 2010 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I brought a small purse with me. One just big enough to carry a camera, money etc. I also always brought my passport with me. My purse had a zippered pocket inside that I always put it in.

Most girls in my tour had a bigger purse/bag for sightseeing during the day and then a smaller one for night.

• 14 Mar 2010 Double J said

Default_avatar

Dont bring anything except for your hotel list.

Enjoy your trip. The only thing I brought was my money clip cuz Im such a baller!

• 14 Mar 2010 corpsia said

Default_avatar

In may, i’m doing the european discovery tour. I’m planning to bring a small daypack with one strap so i can put in on back or in front of me (big enough to bring bottle of water), small purse for the night ( big enough for camera and money) and a money belt that i will always be on me.

• 15 Mar 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au

What sort of ID is accepted when you go out in Europe?? (or do they even check this?) Would an Australian Drivers License be enough or do you need to bring your passport when you go out too? I was considering maybe bringing a photocopy of my passport so I have the details if I get in trouble but leaving the actual passport in a hotel safe as I’m worried I might lose it if I get too drunk?!?!

• 15 Mar 2010 Steph said

Default_avatar

When I went out I took a small handbag. I don’t think you will want to take a larger day bag when you go out at night. I would make sure you are using a bag with a zipper, both at night and during the day. My friend had a bag that didn’t close up and someone stole 100 euro’s from her, a least a zipper might detain a thief somewhat. It is a good idea to have your bag with you at all times. I always kept my passport with me and I think that is what the tour managers advise. Also, it’s a good idea to make two copies of your passport, keep one in your suitcase and give one to your roommate.
    I’m not sure what identification is accepted, but I’ve never been carded anywhere in Europe.

• 15 Mar 2010 Bec said

Default_avatar

i just came back from europe a couple of months ago, and whenever we went out as a group not one of us got asked for id at all.

• 9 Apr 2010 Amy. said

Default_avatar

I am going on tour in May but am currently living in Northern Ireland and have only ever used my Australian NSW Drivers Licence as ID and it has always been accepted.
    Alot of things get stolen in clubs here so its best to keep things close to you at all times. NEVER put anything down, jackets and coats regularly go missing.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.