Community_discussions_small  

Question

2008 trip?

26 Mar 2007 STEVE_AUS asked

Default_avatar
hey any one thougt of going on contiki tour in 2008 thru summer or winter ??

Moderator note: repost of identical thread & original poster here:

http://connect.contiki.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/496105522/m/126100592
  • 24 May 2007 newbie_jodie said

Default_avatar

Im thinking of doing Egypt and the Nile sometime in 2008, would be interested to hear from anyone else considering this? Im 24, going solo without the boyfriend and will be my first time with contiki and travelling for that matter

• 24 May 2007 Janie said

Janie

Hey guys, just a word of advive, i know the tour dates for next year arent out yet but youcan still book now and get a head start. My travel agent told me that as long as i have a estimated date for the tour (use this years dates) contiki can book me as soon as the dates are available, this means i’ll get first depps on the tour i want (May 15th) because i have started paying for it know, and it means i won’t be strapped for cash 2 months before christmas. Also means i’ll get any early bird discounts cause i’ll have it paid for by october when the dates are supposed to come out. I hope that helps your all.

• 26 May 2007 Jords said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone!
    Im thinking of doing the Euro Adventurer or Ultimate Euro (Mykonos option) in late april/early may in 2008 then working in the UK (in a hotel/pub)for about 5 months, then travel for about a month independently to all the places i fell in love with whilst on contiki and also try to visit the scandinavian countries (I figure im half way there i may as well make the most of my $2000 airfare!) Does anyone know when the specific dates for tours come out bcos i want to book my stuff ASAP-partly so i know how much to save and partly so i dont wuss out!
    im going to travel alone, will be 21 by the time i leave. Look forward to hopefully seeing these plans come to life!
    Jords Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 26 May 2007 Janie said

Janie

Hey Jords, am doing the euro adventurer myself, was recommended to me as the better option. But then i can’t afford the Ulimate or get enough time off work for that matter.

• 27 May 2007 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

Hey Jords
    Definetly book asap. I am planning on doing Ultimate Euro at the saem time as you because it’s the longest so you get the most time in the most places.
    My travel agent told me they can book you in on a tentative date based on this years dates (eg. April 22 departure)and as soon as the dates are released to them (they get them before they are made public) they’ll slot you in to the tour you want. That way you can get early bird discounts and aslo start planning…

Don’t wuss out…..not that I think you will….it’ll so be worth it and you won’t regret it for a 2nd. As you said you are already going over may as well make it worth it and do as much as possible. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 27 May 2007 Jords said

Default_avatar

decisions decisions! Lol. I will try to pop round to a travel agent and figure it out. I am confused as to what prices are correct on this website, like previously the ultimate euro was over 6 grand and just teh other day it was under 3grand…go figure! and the adventurer (which is a shorter trip) was still over 4 grand. so i dont know if it was a typo or not.

miss janeo, how much was teh april 22 departure listed as being for this year???
    Thanks guys!

P.S. I do realise that each departure date can vary by a few hundred dollars depending on seasons and what not, but to me being $3000 cheaper in a better season doesnt make sense!)

• 28 May 2007 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

I think the reason why you saw some cheaper prices was because they were trying to sell off remaining seats for this year at cheaper prices. Probabaly because they wnated to have a full bus. I wouldn’t count on that happening again next year. I guess it all depends on if all seats are booked. It would be a bit risky waiting till the last minute to see if you could get it cheaper.

Based on this years price and including the local fund, I think if you book asap (or 6 months prior) the total tour price would be roughly between 5000-5500 for the mykonos and a little bit more for the egypt option. April 22 was listed in the broshure as $4799 this year

I think April is the best time because its getting warmer but not too hot and not too busy.

Where abouts are you from?

• 28 May 2007 Jords said

Default_avatar

hey miss janeo

thanks for getting back to me. im from perth and you?? we get a discount if we book early hey?? i remember reading it was a $200-300 discount.if the UE ends up being much over $5000 (at the moment its listed as $5055) i think ill prolly do the Euro Adventurer. Though with the discount that would help.
    Do you think the prices as listed at the moement for this year include the food fund?? previously the prices listed did not include the food but there is no separate price listing for it and all the tours have gone up so maybe they have included it. Just a guess!
    i would love to hear from you, my email is prophetic_infidel@hotmail.com

ciao Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 May 2007 mizz_taynah said

Default_avatar

hey all… include me on the bus.. im thinking of headin to europe and do the ultimate european tour around august/september.. then head to mah home island rarotonga for my cousins wedding… DRINKS ON… then straight to the US and do the grand southern tour… or i may juss swap them around.. i dont know.. too many inputs of where to go and when to go.. wish i could juss leave tomorrow.. whos feeling mah drift.. but yes.. im plannin big tyme for the ultimate euro via eygpt.. wanna contact me add me to msn.. mizz_taynah@hotmail.com.. hope to hear frm you all…

mizz_taynah

• 28 May 2007 steph said

Default_avatar

Hi!
    i’m planing to do a european trip , possibly may/june 08…does anybody ahve any advice/suggestions?!? it’s my first time going overseas and i’ll be going solo!!

• 29 May 2007 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

Hey Jords,
    Im from Canberra, Australia. Hence I feel I need some excitment Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I’m not sure if its included in the price advertised on the web. Im pretty sure the prices for this year will be roughly the same as next year.
    I know from working it out from the brochure that this years April 22 departure worked out at roughly 5000-5500 including food fund and early bird discounts.

It is definetly worthwhile booking early if you can save a bit of money.
    Im probabaly going to book in July even if my travel agent has to put me in for a tentative date. I would just like it locked in so I can start thinking and planning and knowing how much to save.
    It’ll be hard to save that much but it’ll be worth it once your over there Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 May 2007 TYL said

Default_avatar

Hey all,

I’m really keen to go on the European Discovery Jan 1 to Jan 12 trip. Have heard rave reviews for the tour but haven’t heard anyone going on those dates yet. Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> It’s still early I guess. but I’m going alone and I really want to be on a contiki tour so that I can hang with fun people my age but can’t afford to do a tour longer than that.

Give me a shout if anyone is keen on this trip as well for those dates. elainet89@hotmail.com

• 1 Jun 2007 Susan said

Susan

Steph,

I’m doing Europe in June 08 too and am flying SOLO for the very first time. I don’t have any advice for you, but I just wanted you to know that… I’m in the same boat as you are! Clueless! Oh, this should be fun.

Anyone else doing Ultimate European in June 08, give me a buzz on MSN: crimsoneyes_sailorpluto@yahoo.com.au or email me at sus.dang@gmail.com

Cheers,
    Susan

• 1 Jun 2007 cat_a16 said

Default_avatar

Hey Steph,

Im planning Europe May/June 2008 as well. Solo! Im nervous too dont worry, but it’ll be awesome. Im going to do the European Vista. 22 Days, heaps of places. You should seriously consider it. If you wanna chat add me to msn cccatgirl12@hotmail.com ro post back

Talk soon

• 4 Jun 2007 benny_boi said

benny_boi

Hey, Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

I’m planning one of two trips going in 2008. I will either go on the European Experience in May with some time in London, or the European Experience in October followed by the 5 day Octoberfest tour. Anyone planning on going then or have some advise on which to do?

• 4 Jun 2007 Kendell said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,
    Im looking at doing europe May/June next year.
    Not sure which one yet looking at 18 days European whirl i think?
    Im staying in london for a few months before hand and working there for a while so get a little extra experiance and money!
    Im so exited even though its a year away!!!
    xox

• 6 Jun 2007 toxickitten said

Default_avatar

HI,
    I’m also looking at the european experience next year when would be the best time to go? any advise would be appreciated.

• 6 Jun 2007 west_oz_grrl said

west_oz_grrl

hey all,

im doing european discovery in feb/march 2008, prior to that i have a couple of tours in usa in early feb, being, wild western and big apple explorer… itd be fantastic to hear from anyone thinking about european discovery at the same time…

cheers tenneile

• 14 Jun 2007 Kristi said

Kristi

Hey guys,
    This is some info that I received from STA travel regarding traveling next year. Thought some might find it helpful.

Contiki is offering a “BOOK EARLY FOR 2008” program. This is a risk free-money back guarantee program that allows you to book your tour early for 2008 and save. If you book now for tours 10 days or longer, you can receive $100 off per person. You can save even more if you pay in full because you may qualify for our Early Payment discount, too! You must book before mid-November.

If you book now you will be quoted from the 2007 brochure and once rates and departure dates are released for 2008 you have the option to accept the new adjusted rate, or if you are not satisfied with the price, you can cancel your tour and get a full refund within 7 days of notification of the adjustment.

• 15 Jun 2007 Fry said

Default_avatar

oooo0o0o! its so good to see people plannin ahead! i thort mayb i was thinkin bout it too early! im thinking bout goin on a europe tour in july 08! but my friend and i havnt narrowed it down to a specific tour yet!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion