Community_discussions_small  

Question

2008 trip?

26 Mar 2007 STEVE_AUS asked

Default_avatar
hey any one thougt of going on contiki tour in 2008 thru summer or winter ??

Moderator note: repost of identical thread & original poster here:

http://connect.contiki.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/496105522/m/126100592
  • 17 Jun 2007 Rhi_Rhi said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone,

Im going to Europe April 08 i want to do the European Explorer but I havent seen anyone else make a posting about it?! still trying to decide what to do but have my heart set on a contiki! Confused<!--graemlin::confused:-->

• 17 Jun 2007 Kristi said

Kristi

I am definitely doing the Explorer but in late May!! I can’t wait!!!! I think it is a fairly new tour which is why there isn’t as much info posted about it. Its the longest superior tour and although I would love to do the Ultimate European I can’t be away for that long.

• 18 Jun 2007 Sammie-J said

Sammie-J

My bf and I are planning on doing the European Inspiration July 08. We’ve been talkin bout it for ages, should be fun!!! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 18 Jun 2007 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I prebooked my European Whirl last week. Planning on going sometime in Early May 2008 like May 6th [Tuesday] or May 9th [Friday] if they have one that leaves on either of those dates.

• 19 Jun 2007 fridayschild said

Default_avatar

Hey all!

I’m starting to plan my trip too! I’m planning to do the Ultimate European in April/May(-ish) of 2008. I see a few of you are also looking at that tour! I also want to do the Scandinavia & Russia and/or venture off on my own to the countries the tours didn’t hit.

It all depends on my money situation. I’ll hopefully be finished my degree by then, so I’ll be free as a bird to travel til my heart desire!

• 20 Jun 2007 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

Hey fridays child
    I am planning on doing pretty much the same trip. I have made a tentative booking with my travel agent so I can get the early bird discounts. Hopefully the dates will be roughly the same as this year (I am looking at around April 22).

I’m heading to the US first and then over to London…
    You should check out my other post in the Contiki meeting place section under ‘late spril 2008’. There are some others that I think are looking at the same time.

Do you want to do Mykonos or Egypt?

• 21 Jun 2007 fridayschild said

Default_avatar

Hey Miss Janeo

yah I saw your posts from the other forums. There are lots of ppl thinking about it, so I’m glad there will be some ppl on the tour!

I wanted to do the Mykonos, but this trip is a graduation gift so, I’m selfishly going to choose Egypt (although I would love to venture off during that one week, or simply relax).

I decided to do another europe tour before the UE, so I’m definitely looking at late april. I have to back for June convocation though:S boo!

• 21 Jun 2007 Mmerlis86 said

Default_avatar

Great to see everyone planning ahead. Myself and 5 other friends are planning to go in late May or early June of 2008. We are sitting down tonight to narrow down the different European tours into a list that satisfies everyone, I’m leaning toward a 14-21 day tour. Does anyone have suggestions on whether to go through a travel agent or just straigh through contiki?

• 21 Jun 2007 Jeremy said

Jeremy

Mmerlis, I dont know about travel agents, but if you prebook before the next brochure comes out they have a $100 discount. It helps with the cost going up for inflation. I heard before that travel agents should get you that same discount, but I have yet to find anything where I could get it cheaper. Hopefully someone else has suggestions for that

• 22 Jun 2007 Chris said

Default_avatar

Hey all, Im thinking of doing a your in June/July 2008, at this stage im looking at the Eurpoean Panorama, will most likely be traveling alone, have done a US contiki before which was awesome. Anyone else thinking of doing the same tour around that time? Cheers.

• 20 Aug 2007 llcooljoe said

Default_avatar

Hows it going everyone. I’ve been looking at doing the European Highlights Tour sometime in June/July. But prior to that, in order to get the most out of my leave from work I was thinking of maybe running with the Bulls in Pamplona.

• 21 Aug 2007 Kramer said

Default_avatar

I was looking at either Contrasts or Panorama…not sure which yet. prob around july/august.

i thought id check out the forums and see who i might be going with! that will help me decide!

• 21 Aug 2007 andreab said

Default_avatar

Hi Steve,
    Im doing the Lond-Paris-Amsterdam trip in Jan. 25- Feb 3. Ive been to all three places before and I’m going to shop for the most part and have fun with the rest of the group.

• 21 Aug 2007 roaming_jafa said

Default_avatar

Do we know when the 2008 dates and rates be released yet?

Im looking at doing travelling august/september 08. A fair way off yet, but im excited already!

Euro Escapade, London & NY Explorers are possibilities Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 21 Aug 2007 Kaylarose said

Default_avatar

I want to go on the European Escapade on the 22nd september 2008

• 27 Aug 2007 benny_boi said

benny_boi

I think from memory the 2008 info comes out around October as Tanya mentioned. I went in to see flight centre in the city (perth) and they told me that they are holding a European holiday convention at the Convention Centre in November and that you will be able to get cheap flights, travel insurance and still be eligible for the early bird discounts. Good news for the Perth people and I’m sure they would be doing similar in the other Australian capitals.

Im planning on European Experience and also the Oktoberfest tour. If you go in the first week of the off season I’ve heard its still warm and that bit quieter (and cheaper).

• 28 Aug 2007 ATHLETIC360 said

ATHLETIC360

SUMMER TIME, IS THE BEST WAY TO GO, THE NIGHT LIFE IS PERFECT AS WELL AS THE BEACHES.European Inspiration 2008? AWAITS

• 29 Aug 2007 mestiza said

Default_avatar

hey steve
    My friend and i are doing the european contrasts trip in May 2008. We hope it will be warming up by then cos we both hate the cold!

• 29 Aug 2007 jdashney said

Default_avatar

I’m thinking european adventurer july-august 2008. 21/m/ottawa, ontario, canada

• 29 Aug 2007 CharlesRR said

Default_avatar

My wife and I are looking at the London, Paris + 2 days Paris tour. Likely in April or May ’08

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion