Community_discussions_small  

Question

Big walkabout start October 27th 2013

27 Apr 2013 MelissaTrimble asked

MelissaTrimble

Hey, I was just wondering who else is doing this tour! I'm travelling alone so I'd like to meet some people on the tour before i go :)

• 28 Apr 2013 Suzanna said

Suzanna

Hey, Im going on this tour and im travelling alone to! Only just booked it 2 days ago! Feeling excited/nervous! haha

• 28 Apr 2013 MelissaTrimble said

MelissaTrimble

Awesome! :) I was originally going in November but with my schedule I decided to change it to this date on Friday. I’m very excited/nervous as well haha. I’ve never been anywhere by myself so I think getting to know people before I go will definitely help calm my nerves!

Suzanna

This is the first time ill be going somewhere abroad on my own! 6 months feels like its really close yet so far away! haha! Yeah i completely agree what date are you getting into Sydney? :)

MelissaTrimble

I know! I think the summer is going to go by really fast and before I know it, it’ll be time to go. I think I’ll be getting into Sydney early in the morning on the 26th! What about you?

Suzanna

Yeah hopefully! I’m getting in on the evening of the 25th and staying in the hotel where we would be meeting on Sunday.

MelissaTrimble

Oh nice! Yeah I’ll be staying at that hotel too once I get in it’s just easiest. How long is your flight going to be?

Suzanna

Ah that’ll be cool. Yeah it’s just easier than staying somewhere else to find the place we are all meeting! I like things easy! 19 hours England to Kuala Lumpur then 11 hours from there to Sydney! What about you?

• 8 May 2013 Grant McGregor said

Grant McGregor

Hiya. I’m going on this too. Cannot wait.

• 8 May 2013 MelissaTrimble said

MelissaTrimble

Haha I hear ya me too! Pretty much a full 24 hours lol I fly from Canada then to the US and I’m there for 3 hours then off to Sydney from there! Awesome I’m getting so excited to go lol slowly trying to get stuff together!

• 8 May 2013 Suzanna said

Suzanna

Haha part of me wants to start and part of me thinks it’s so far away! Plus trying to figure out what to take!! Ha. Long flights but will be worth it :)

Grant McGregor

It’s really closer than we think haha. I should book flights soon too I think. Got no idea what to take with me or anything. My organisation skills leave a lot to be desired !

MelissaTrimble

Haha true I just don’t wanna leave everything to last second like i usually do haha. Oh god the whole what to take thing is going to take some time my packing skills are horrible lol even going away for a weekend I feel the need to bring my whole life with me so it should be interesting packing for a month.!

Grant McGregor

Packing a whole months stuff won’t be very easy ! Especially for you girls haha. I can’t come to the conclusion if this is like a sensible travelling holiday or just like party time on a bus lol. Suppose the not knowing thing is all part of the fun :)

Suzanna

haha yeah im exactly the same! it must be easy for guys! im still trying to decide what to pack in! i really want to start getting things ready now just from talking about it!

MelissaTrimble

Haha I know me too . Well lets put it this way I’ve heard from other people I know that every morning is a Monday morning and every night is like a Friday night lol but obviously you can choose whether or not to party and it probably really depends on the group dynamic I’m sure.

Grant McGregor

I kind of thought that would be the case lol. I know what end of the scale I’m on. Beers on the beach :) So are you both travelling alone yeah ?

MelissaTrimble

I’m with ya on that one! Haha and yeah I am, what about yourself?

Suzanna

Yeah i am too. Any alcohol on the beach is a good idea!

• 12 May 2013 Grant McGregor said

Grant McGregor

I bought some stuff today. Feels real now haha. How do you wash your clothes for a month on the road by the way ? Interesting question lol.

• 12 May 2013 MelissaTrimble said

MelissaTrimble

Lol I think they will have places you can go to do laundry..I hope lol

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.