Community_discussions_small  

Comment

What to see in LA and NY

20 Jan 2010 Mandy89 said

Mandy89
Hey,

Has anyone got any suggestions on what to see/do in LA and NY other than the usual touristy things?

Thank You!
  • 23 Jan 2010 asparkoflife said

Default_avatar

Hey!

Im from the NY area and outside of the typical tourist things there’s so much to do in NYC. Go to brooklyn(use the subway!) go to bedford ave and check out the local bars to get out of Manhattan for a break. Also if you get the chance go to the Bronx Zoo(Bus is available) Feel free to ask any other questions you want!

-Ken

• 25 Jan 2010 Mandy89 said

Mandy89

Thanks! Do you have any more suggestions??

• 3 Feb 2010 asparkoflife said

Default_avatar

NYC has a lot of parks other than central park to check out. Bryant and Battery parks are both beautiful. If youre around during the Spring or Summer I’d recommend going to a Yankees or mets baseball game! those are always fun!

• 6 Feb 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar

Jimmy Kimmel show in Hollywood is free, will eat up 4-5 hours of your time, but you will get to see a TV show get made, see a few famous people, and it’s very easy to get tickets. It’s also next to grauman’s chinese theater. After the show you can take a short ride down to the sunset strip and go to the bars.

• 8 Mar 2010 Wez said

Wez

There is SOOOOO very much to do in both those great cities. I would recommend doing most the extra Contiki activities.
    My favourate place in LA is Universal Studios! And in New York Times Square!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.