Community_discussions_small  

Question

Italian Espresso- may 10th. who's going??

28 Apr 2013 SaraM25 asked

Default_avatar

Hi!
My name is Sara M. and I'm from Montreal. I am set to leave for the Italian Espresso tour on May 10th. My flight is at 10pm. Is anybody else leaving from Montreal at that time?? I hope that I can meet a friend from the tour before so we can travel together. Please let me know, thanks.
I'm looking forward to meeting you all!!

• 29 Apr 2013 matthew said

matthew

hey, you should post in our meetup group. i’m coming from toronto, but arriving in rome may 9. are you flying back home from venice after the tour ends there?

matthew

hey, you should post in our meetup group. i’m coming from toronto, but arriving in rome may 9. are you flying back home from venice after the tour ends there, or going back to rome?

• 29 Apr 2013 SaraM25 said

Default_avatar

Hi Matthew,
    Thanks for your reply. I will repost this message in the Meetup group.
    After the tour ends in Venice, I will be heading back to Rome to catch my flight. How about you?

matthew

I need to get back to rome too, but my flight is the next day, the 19th. Is your flight back on the 18th? Our bus gets back to rome around 6/7pm. I’m thinking of taking a train back instead to have more time in rome.

matthew

Yea I have to go back to rome too but my flight is on the 19th. Is your flight back on the 18th? The bus gets back to rome around 6/7pm. I was thinking of taking a train back instead since it’s alot faster, to have more time in rome.

Default_avatar

My flight is on the 18th, because I have a party on the 19th that I need to attend.
    The bus is not going to work for me. How long will the train take to get from Venice to Rome? maybe I can do that. I need to be in Rome by noon.

matthew

What time is your flight? There’s a train leaving from venice 8:47am arriving rome 12:14. There’s earlier trains too, check trentalia website, (ve mestre to roma termini) but buses to the station don’t run that early, trips take around 3 and a half hours. The hotel there said cab is around 20euros to the station. Then around 2euros for the train to the venice station. Bus to treviso station is around 2 euros. But there is trenitalia special 2 for 1 for sat tickets for base price,, would be 40euros each. Single would be 49euros with the cheaper special fare. Would need to buy in advance though because they sell out. Maybe we can get in on the 2 for 1 deal? Message me your email and we can work something out? I’d want to get the cheaper ticket with two for one special anyway.

matthew

First bus to treviso station from hotel is 6:30am. Its around half hour from there to the ve mestre station that goes to rome. You can find treviso sched to ve mestre online too

Default_avatar

Thanks for the information. I managed to change my flight from Rome to Venice so that its easier and I can spend more time in Venice.

• 3 May 2013 Bless said

Bless

Hi Sara! I’m also on the tour. Which airport are you going to? I need to be in the Marco Polo Airport on the 18th.

• 6 May 2013 h_megumi said

h_megumi

Hi All!! I am joining this trip Solo. Flying from Malaysia and will be reaching Rome airport (FCO) on May 11, 13:15. Please let me know if you want to share a taxi/rental car together to the hotel.

• 6 May 2013 SaraM25 said

Default_avatar

Hi! I will be arriving in Rome on the 11th at noon. Did you book the Contiki shuttle to get to the hotel? You can always do that. That’s what I plan to do.

• 7 May 2013 Bless said

Bless

I read you have to do this in advance.

A shuttle service operates between Rome Fiumicino airport and our Roman hotels and should be booked at the same time you book your trip. If you choose this option you will be sent a voucher along with the rest of your travel documents. Present this voucher at the Airport Shuttle counter located in Terminal B of the arrivals hall.

• 7 May 2013 h_megumi said

h_megumi

Thanks For the reply , SaraM25 & Bless! I did not book the shuttle service . So I plan to share the taxi with someone or get the express train to Termini Station then taxi/bus to Hotel :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.