Community_discussions_small  

Question

Big walkabout 22nd jan 2014

28 Apr 2013 Esta12 asked

Default_avatar

Hello!
I'm booked on this tour with sailing from Darwin to Sydney on the 22nd jan 2014! Would love to get in touch with anyone else already booked on this!

Would love to make some new friends!
Esther x

• 13 May 2013 Kath said

Kath

Hi!
    I’m booked on the same tour but without the sailing. So excited already!

• 13 May 2013 Esta12 said

Default_avatar

Hey! Nice to hear from you! Me too! Will have to add you on Facebook!

• 10 Jun 2013 Appeyyd said

Appeyyd

Hi im booked on the same tour minus the sailing. Are you both travelling solo? Have you got any further plans when the tour finishes?

• 11 Jun 2013 Kath said

Kath

Hi! Yep I’m travelling solo. I have about 11 days after the tour ends which I’m going to spend in Sydney and Melbourne, and then I’m flying to New Zealand. How about you?

• 11 Jun 2013 Appeyyd said

Appeyyd

Ahh cool, erm im not sure what my plans are yet, more and likely settle and work in sydney. Got friends that live in Adeleide so will head down that way to melbourne aswell at some point. If i have enough money i would love to go back over to NZ got friends in napier, need to do the south island. Also hoping to do Fiji aswell

• 11 Jun 2013 Esta12 said

Default_avatar

Eek! Excited to meet both of you! My plan is to find work in sydney/ Melbourne and take it from there. I’m travelling solo too- hope to make lots of new friends :) April I want to go to figi too! It’s suddenly occurred to me that it’s creeping up slowly!!

Appeyyd

Yeh im looking forward to meeting you both to. Kath what day do you arrive? we deff should all meet up before the tour starts. I land early hours of the 21st so would be nice to catch up during the day/evening. Well we can always got fiji together if we both have the funds. I really want to go to Thailand on way home to. I know weve only got 7 months to go, coming round quick. I booked back in Feb, seemed like i had ages but it really isnt

Default_avatar

Yes would love to meet on the 21st :D we will have to let each other know where we decide to stay prior to the trip starting.
    Oo yes! It’s a plan! Providing we both have funds – would love to!! Thailands amazing! Wouldn’t mind going back one day. Quite scary- 7months! Wow feb! I booked the end of April- all very organised. Still lots to sort out as well and kinda scared but excited too! Big life change! Happy that I’ve spoken to you and kath!

• 11 Jun 2013 Kath said

Kath

I arrive in the early hours of the 21st too! Are you flying from Heathrow?
    It’s nice that the trip is guaranteed departure now :D
    Jealous of you going to Fiji, I’d love to go there one day.
    Have you both decided where you’re staying in Darwin yet? I booked into Chilli’s Hostel for the two nights before the tour (the gateway hotel looks quite expensive so I didn’t bother with that) but it’s not too far away from where we meet anyway. It would be nice to do something on the 21st!

Default_avatar

Cool! Ill have a look at that hostel. I haven’t decided what to do yet, I was going to sort it perhaps end of the summer, to see what other people were doing :) But if you say it’s not far from the meet up hotel then ill have a look! Was it expensive? I think we have to meet for 730am on the 22nd- they told me. Btw kath I was in Cardiff last weekend lol!

• 11 Jun 2013 Kath said

Kath

Someone in STA recommended it so I thought I might as well book it :) It cost £39 for the two nights I think and that includes breakfast as well so it’s not bad.
    Ah cool, I moved back to Cardiff for good last Wednesday!

Appeyyd

I did a quick trip to thailand in January and fell in love. Yeh i was pretty organised, just gave me more time to know what i needed to save etc. I really want to add the sailing on but i dont no if its to late. Im looking at booking accommodation for darwin about october time, as need some extra cash. I looked other week and its all very expensive at the moment, Darwin isnt huge so majority of the hostels are walking distance to the tour hostel Im very excited but so nervous at same time, ill be fine whilst doing the tour but from then on im on my own, scary stuff. Yes i am flying from heathrow kath are you? my flight is at about 8ish sunday night.

• 11 Jun 2013 Kath said

Kath

Yep I’m flying from Heathrow too but I think my flight is at about 10 on the Sunday night.

Default_avatar

Wow that’s good and cheap!! Ill keep it in mind for when I book later on in year. Ah no way! Ill let you know next time I go!

April- aw lovely! Jan is a great time to go! I went last jan 2012 and it was lovely! Yeah I know what you mean.. So much money!! I didn’t have sailing on mine at first but I added it no problems – they said was worth doing if your doing this much already! A must see. If you do do it, see if you can book before the deal ends- as cheaper :)

I know tell me about it! Ill be freaked out after the trip ends and on my own! Well we are all in the same boat and hopefully friends by the end of the trip, maybe we can look after each other! Friendly face and all :) won’t be so lonely!

Appeyyd

Who you flying with?

Appeyyd

Who you flying with?

• 11 Jun 2013 Kath said

Kath

Singapore Airlines

Appeyyd

Me to. I think we might be on the same connecting flight from Sydney-Darwin. When I was booking to fly at 8 was cheaper but just meant a 6 hour wait in Singapore. But both the 8pm and 10pm flight get into Darwin at same time

• 16 Jun 2013 Appeyyd said

Appeyyd

Kath I’ve just realised I’m flying on the 10oclock flight so we are on the same flight. I don’t know why I thought I flew at 8pm

• 16 Jun 2013 Kath said

Kath

Ahh cool I guess I’ll see you there then! I remember there being a cheaper option with a longer stop in Singapore but I decided to pay extra because I didn’t want to wait

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion