Community_discussions_small  

Question

Big walkabout 22nd jan 2014

28 Apr 2013 Esta12 asked

Default_avatar

Hello!
I'm booked on this tour with sailing from Darwin to Sydney on the 22nd jan 2014! Would love to get in touch with anyone else already booked on this!

Would love to make some new friends!
Esther x

• 16 Jun 2013 Appeyyd said

Appeyyd

Yeah i didnt want a huge wait either, rather have a longer day at home before i go. Me and Esther arent sure how to manage our money. What are you doing? have you set up a bank or cash card

• 16 Jun 2013 Kath said

Kath

Well I thought about this bank account http://www.nandp.co.uk/current-account/ because the debit card has no fees but I have bad luck with getting my card blocked so I’m a bit worried about that with a debit card
    Otherwise I suppose a cash card but I’m not sure which is the best one (Especially since I’m going to three different places so I need 3 different currencies)
    I’m really not sure what to do…

• 16 Jun 2013 Appeyyd said

Appeyyd

Well sta told me i can pay £25 and they sort my bank out which i think its with commonwealth. i can set it up here before i go but only problem is i cant recieve the card until were in sydney so im not sure what to do whilst on tour as dont want to carry loads cash around so looking at cash card. Also im not sure if i can leave money in nationwide account and transfer money in to commonwealth as and when i need it. Really dont no what is the best way to do it

• 17 Jun 2013 SallyGB said

SallyGB

Hi guys sorry to butt in on this convo but i was wondering if our tours were linked i am doing the sun seeker starting in Cairns on Feb 1st, i know it is part of a bigger tour just not sure which one.

Sally.

• 17 Jun 2013 Kath said

Kath

Hi
    I’m not 100% but I think it is probably linked with our tour. We get into Cairns at around that time I think, and it takes the same route as the sun seeker

SallyGB

Hi kath i have just had a reply from Contiki on fb and yep i am on part of this tour yay. :D

• 17 Jun 2013 Appeyyd said

Appeyyd

Ahh cool, have you got any plans once the tour finishes?

• 17 Jun 2013 Esta12 said

Default_avatar

Hey this is exciting! We’re slowly finding people!:) yay!! What are your plans Sally?

SallyGB

Hey :D i am really shocked to find people on tour this early. Sadly i won’t be spending much time in Australia due to spending a month in America later this year but my plans for after Tour are to meet a friend in Brissie spend a few days there and fly onto Sydney to meet some more friends then back to work. So where is everybody from and what do you all intend to do after your crazy trip? x

Default_avatar

It is lovely that we’ve all speaking so early :)
    Your plans sound great! Hopefully we can all spend some time in Sydney together after. My plan is to stay in Sydney/Melbourne after and hopefully have a nursing job lined up. Plan to stay for 6 months at the least (if I don’t get home sick!) and just see what happens really! Where abouts are you from Sally? Hope you have a fab trip to the states! I’m going in a few weeks :) x

SallyGB

Wow sounds fab one of my best friends has just moved to Perth so i will be going back again the end of next year. Will this be your first Contiki trip? Oh cool where about in America are you heading to? I live in Warwickshire. Think i may have found another person going on this trip she has posted a question about Beaches and Reefs which is the other tour within this tour. x

Default_avatar

Cool! I have a friend in perth too- always handy! Yes it will be my first contiki trip but I did trek America last year for a month. I’m seeing more of the east coast this time which I’m excited about :) I live in Worcestershire. Have you done a contiki trip before? X

• 18 Jun 2013 SallyGB said

SallyGB

It’s great having friends all round the world! Oh wow i bet T A was amazing! When i do this trip it will be my fourth i am hooked love Contiki :) x

• 18 Nov 2013 Aldric said

Aldric

Hello everybody, Just booked the Big Walkabout today. Very exciting. I’ve been with Contiki a couple of years ago in Europe, had a blast!! I am starting my trip next week. Going to drive in the United States for a month and right before my Conitki trip, going to China. I’m always looking for people to travel with so if anyone wants to join, it would be awesome.

• 22 Nov 2013 SallyGB said

SallyGB

Hi guys thought i would post the link to a fb group for this trip as our meet up pages don’t link.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/490002711107636?ref=bookmark&__user=825905500

• 6 Jan 2014 Cordelle said

Cordelle

Hello everyone. I am also on the Big Walkabout starting in Darwin and I am booked on the sailing portion. Nice to see some of you online prior to the trip. I am pretty excited as we are so close now. I have done a Contiki before in Europe and it was awesome. I am travelling solo and get in the day before the tour starts so could meet up you with you guys.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion