Oversize luggage strictness

29 Apr 2013 Fik asked

Fik

Hi guys

The suit case I was planning on taking is slightly oversized they state

73x50x25cm Maximum

Mines

80x60x40

Do they actually measure or just weigh the bags before loading on to the bus?

• 6 May 2013 Rachael said

Rachael

I have the same issue! I have asked on facebook, so fingers crossed they get back to us!

• 6 May 2013 Fik said

Fik

I think I’ll call the Contiki phone number and speak to them probably get a better response through there :)

I’ll post up what they say here.

• 6 May 2013 Rachael said

Rachael

Thanks that is great! What trip are you going on?

• 6 May 2013 Kristin said

Kristin

I have the same issue! Would love to know what they say :-)

• 7 May 2013 SeanMcG said

SeanMcG

I asked on the FB page as my case is 75 × 32 × 36. They replied saying the dimensions are just a guide but they are strict on the 20kg weight limit.

• 7 May 2013 Jessica said

Jessica

Hey,

I’ve travelled three times with Contiki & never once had my bag measured or weighed. Goodluck and have a great time!

• 15 May 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

The size restrictions arent really that enforced. It’s the weight at the start of your tour that’s important. It has to be under 20kg

• 19 May 2013 Jess said

Jess

Ive just finished my contiki leaving london. I had mine weighed.. other people had to take things out if it was over 20.. mine was way over the size restrictions but was all good.

• 19 May 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

Ya, a good thing to do if you think your suitcase might be over the limit, is to try and stick as much stuff in your carry on bag as you can, since they don’t weigh that. Once your suitcase is weighed, then you can transfer everything back into it since that’s the only time they weigh it

• 21 May 2013 Chris713 said

Default_avatar

They won’t measure your suitcase. I’ve done heaps of contiki and any bus tours they will weigh your suitcase but they don’t care about the size. so be in the weight range and you are fine.

• 2 Jul 2013 Trace said

Trace

are these the guidelines for all contiki’s in Europe? was just going to buy a suitcase that was 77cmx49cmx 28cm.But i am only going on a 2 week tour

• 31 Jul 2013 Brendan said

Brendan

i asked contiki this question and they said as long as it doesnt weigh more then 20 kgs its fine

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.