Community_discussions_small  

Comment

STATION CLOSURE - RUSSELL SQUARE

8 Jun 2008 Mr.Corbie said

Mr.Corbie
Not sure if this has come up yet..

But Russell Square Station is being refurbished over the next little while. this means the station will be closed over some weekends.

Not sure of all of the dates at this stage but the first closure is the weekend of the 14/15th June 2008.

This will affect anyone arriving at the Contiki basement or either the Imperial or Royal National Hotels.

Check with Underground staff for the best way to get to Russell Square from where you are travelling from.
  • 9 Jun 2008 Mattchew said

Mattchew

MicheleA,

Heres a Link with a Table of Tube station Closures

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/livetravelnews/realtime/tube/station-closures.pdf

The Russel Square station is on the Piccadily Line (blue)

Go to http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ For any Further Infomation Regarding Closures

Hope this Helps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 9 Jun 2008 Rozzy said

Rozzy

Thanks heaps for this post Im arriving in London on Sat 28th June and as going to Rusell Sq hehe not anymore I think i will have o find another route to get to the Royal National. AArrgggg this has made my journey more exciting and easier haha NOT….. LOL

• 9 Jun 2008 Mr.Corbie said

Mr.Corbie

Ok heres a quick list of Planned Station Closures at Russell Square. As per the TfL website.

Sat 14 Jun 08 Sun 15 Jun 08
    Sat 28 Jun 08 Sun 29 Jun 08
    Sat 09 Aug 08 Sun 10 Aug 08
    Sat 23 Aug 08 Sun 24 Aug 08
    Sat 30 Aug 08 Sun 31 Aug 08
    Sat 06 Sep 08 Sun 07 Sep 08
    Sat 13 Sep 08 Sun 14 Sep 08
    Sat 27 Sep 08 Sun 28 Sep 08
    Sat 04 Oct 08 Sun 05 Oct 08

• 9 Jun 2008 Mr.Corbie said

Mr.Corbie
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rozzy:
    Thanks heaps for this post Im arriving in London on Sat 28th June and as going to Rusell Sq hehe not anymore I think i will have o find another route to get to the Royal National. AArrgggg this has made my journey more exciting and easier haha NOT….. LOL

They may offer Replacement Bus Services from Kings Cross.. but I wouldn’t count on it.. have a look at this link for bus services to/from Russell Square Station http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/russellsquare-2222.pdf
    Jump off the tube at Holborn and catch a bus from there.. or walk..

• 11 Jun 2008 vivy09 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mr.Corbie:
    Ok heres a quick list of Planned Station Closures at Russell Square. As per the TfL website.

Sat 14 Jun 08 Sun 15 Jun 08
    Sat 28 Jun 08 Sun 29 Jun 08
    Sat 09 Aug 08 Sun 10 Aug 08
    Sat 23 Aug 08 Sun 24 Aug 08
    Sat 30 Aug 08 Sun 31 Aug 08
    Sat 06 Sep 08 Sun 07 Sep 08
    Sat 13 Sep 08 Sun 14 Sep 08
    Sat 27 Sep 08 Sun 28 Sep 08
    Sat 04 Oct 08 Sun 05 Oct 08

It looks like they are closing on these particular weekends…which is understandable as it would be major disruption to locals and tourists if these closures were during the week.

• 14 Jun 2008 knkim said

Default_avatar

hey guys,
    you could get off at euston station (circle and hammersmith & city line) and walk to royal national. it’s about 13 minutes of walking distance.

although… i guess if you have heavy/lotta luggage, walking that distance may seem long.

hope it helps.

• 14 Jun 2008 knkim said

Default_avatar
  • 20 Jun 2008 Cyphus said

Default_avatar

Err.. I don’t know how to read it! =(

I believe I received a ticket for the Underground, going from the Heathrow Airport to close to the Royal National Hotel..? It’s dated for July 5th, 2008! Do i need to worry about closures? I have no clue how to read that list. lol

• 22 Jun 2008 shazz9876 said

shazz9876

Hi All

Best plan of action is to get off at Holborn and walk. takes 5-10 mins depend on your speed of walking.

Good luck

• 22 Jun 2008 knkim said

Default_avatar

ooh shazz9876,
    that’s a far better plan than my euston station plan.
    thanks for the tip =)

• 22 Jun 2008 knkim said

Default_avatar

cyphus,
    i dont think you need to worry about russell square station being closed off during the time you’re there.
    as others have posted, there’s no closure date for july 5th or anywhere around those dates.

have a good trip!

• 19 Aug 2008 Janelle said

Default_avatar

ok so i cant make sense of that shedual either Confused<!--graemlin::confused:--> I arrive in London on Aug 30 is it closed that weekend?
    thanks

• 26 Sep 2008 ContikiTourBirthdayGirl said

Default_avatar

I just finished a tour (London, Paris, Rome if you were wondering) and Russell Square station was closed. The best stop is “Holborn” TRUST ME!!!! It’s only about a 10 minute walk to the hotel. It’s very straight forward, no need to worry.

I had tube staff tell me that King’s Cross is the better stop, it is not! It was at least a 30 minute walk.

Have fun! Cheers!

• 14 Oct 2008 Caz said

Default_avatar

Just wondering if the Station is finished yet? Or if there were delays etc- as is usually the case?

• 30 Mar 2009 EastClubber:) said

EastClubber:)

I will arrive in London on Aug 15th _ I’m confused as to how to read this map, the blue picadilly one is closed for that day…or it says Wood Green is closed. Not quite sure what that means…anyone? Perhaps this schedule will change as August approaches.

• 20 Apr 2009 Bec said

Default_avatar

pretty sure that just means that the Wood Green station is closed.. so you won’t be able to get off at that station but all the others should be sweet unless it says so

• 13 Jul 2009 Ganacampo said

Default_avatar

I’m going to London this Saturday and since I need to go by subway from the airport to the hotel I wonder if I do need coins to buy a ticket for the subway or if I can get them with notes also.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.