Community_discussions_small  

Question

Budget for European Whirl :)

2 May 2013 Jade Maree asked

Jade Maree

I am doing the European Whirl on the 18th June - 5th July, super excited! I am starting to get everything sorted and am after some advice about spending money. I have a couple of friends who have done contikis and spent different amounts. I have been told around 150euro per day.. but then others have said that is way too much and you only need around 70euro. I have saved $4000nz but hope to get another $500/$1000 before I go. I am in London 5 days before but accomo is all sorted so will just be spending - which I am sure will take a little chunk out of that money. My guy friends said that males spend way more on alcohol but I am hoping to do a little bit of shopping.

Also, I brought a sleeping bag from MacPac which is pretty thin but have been told that is all I will need. Are towels/pillows provided at all throughout accomo?

Please help :) Thanks heaps!

• 2 May 2013 Jaki said

Jaki

I did the European Whirl last year and then stayed on a bit longer, in total was in Europe/UK for 6 weeks. I ended up spending $6000AUD on shopping/boose/food. Pillows were included in most places but i dont think towels were, i bought my own towel with me :)

• 10 May 2013 Sarah said

Default_avatar

I did european whirl in 2010 and $4000-$5000 is definately enough! i did most of the optional extras too!

• 11 May 2013 Jade Maree said

Jade Maree

Thanks Jaki + Sarah :) 29 days to go! Yay!

• 24 May 2013 rajank said

Default_avatar

May I Know, how much you’re spending on Accommodation? I means for hotels? The most of our daily expenses are goes to accommodation only. So, to save as much as possible make sure you’re with budget hotel/resort/guest house. I would suggest you to check for hotels online for pricing comparison. The best way you can do is search for the hotel rates and other amenities here http://www.wego.co.in/hotels and then proceed with booking process (comparison always helps in saving money). Also you can do more shopping when you save more ;)

• 5 Jun 2013 Sandra said

Sandra

WOHOOO I can not wait for our tour!! As you kinda know I am on same tour, I have saved $6000 AUD for Europe which I think is plenty (I hope) as I still have a bit of traveling to do after the tour and 2 days in London before it. I want to do like all the extras, besides dropping from the sky eeekk lol It will suck when I exchange it at the bank in a few days to EURO, the exchange rate is crappy at the moment haha :) x

• 5 Jun 2013 Jade Maree said

Jade Maree

Wow that will be plenty :) Good girl saving all of that money! Yay I am so excited! I’m so keen to do extras too but maybe not the sky falling and maaaybe not the white water rafting hehe but could be conned :) x

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion