Budget for European Whirl :)

2 May 2013 Jade Maree asked

Jade Maree

I am doing the European Whirl on the 18th June - 5th July, super excited! I am starting to get everything sorted and am after some advice about spending money. I have a couple of friends who have done contikis and spent different amounts. I have been told around 150euro per day.. but then others have said that is way too much and you only need around 70euro. I have saved $4000nz but hope to get another $500/$1000 before I go. I am in London 5 days before but accomo is all sorted so will just be spending - which I am sure will take a little chunk out of that money. My guy friends said that males spend way more on alcohol but I am hoping to do a little bit of shopping.

Also, I brought a sleeping bag from MacPac which is pretty thin but have been told that is all I will need. Are towels/pillows provided at all throughout accomo?

Please help :) Thanks heaps!

• 2 May 2013 Jaki said

I did the European Whirl last year and then stayed on a bit longer, in total was in Europe/UK for 6 weeks. I ended up spending $6000AUD on shopping/boose/food. Pillows were included in most places but i dont think towels were, i bought my own towel with me :)

• 10 May 2013 Sarah said

I did european whirl in 2010 and $4000-$5000 is definately enough! i did most of the optional extras too!

• 11 May 2013 Jade Maree said

Jade Maree

Thanks Jaki + Sarah :) 29 days to go! Yay!

• 24 May 2013 rajank said

May I Know, how much you’re spending on Accommodation? I means for hotels? The most of our daily expenses are goes to accommodation only. So, to save as much as possible make sure you’re with budget hotel/resort/guest house. I would suggest you to check for hotels online for pricing comparison. The best way you can do is search for the hotel rates and other amenities here and then proceed with booking process (comparison always helps in saving money). Also you can do more shopping when you save more ;)

• 5 Jun 2013 Sandra said

WOHOOO I can not wait for our tour!! As you kinda know I am on same tour, I have saved $6000 AUD for Europe which I think is plenty (I hope) as I still have a bit of traveling to do after the tour and 2 days in London before it. I want to do like all the extras, besides dropping from the sky eeekk lol It will suck when I exchange it at the bank in a few days to EURO, the exchange rate is crappy at the moment haha :) x

• 5 Jun 2013 Jade Maree said

Jade Maree

Wow that will be plenty :) Good girl saving all of that money! Yay I am so excited! I’m so keen to do extras too but maybe not the sky falling and maaaybe not the white water rafting hehe but could be conned :) x

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion