Community_discussions_small  

Comment

GHD

1 Apr 2008 Explorer1084391 said

Default_avatar
I've got a New Zealand GHD... will it work in Europe?

Is it the same type of plug there?
  • 1 Apr 2008 Geoff C said

Geoff C

No it’s not. You’ll need to by a power adaptor. You can pick one up from Dick Smiths.

More info here: http://contiki.co.nz/contikipedia/articles/power-adapters

• 25 Apr 2008 aussie_manda said

Default_avatar

the GHD will definitely work in the right adaptor tho! we had 3 in our room!

• 28 Apr 2008 bec said

Default_avatar

if you have the NEW model of ghds (mk4) it has a built in universal power adaptor to cope, and as our voltage is the same as europe anyway, you will be fine. Im not 100% sure about the older models though, you may need a voltage adapter as well as a plug converter

you will just need the plug converter if you do have the mk4 seriesSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    im a kiwi girl who is most definatly taking her ghd’s!!

• 28 Apr 2008 Ashleigh36 said

Default_avatar

Has anyone used the older version of GHD while travelling…im still using the older version and really dont want it to break half way through the trip!!

• 29 Apr 2008 bec said

Default_avatar

sorry my wording could be better…what I mean is a voltage adapter, but we shouldnt need that as like I said our voltage is the same as europe (240v)
    a plug converter is the thingie that changes the pins that you would plug into the wall, so you attach it to the plug on your ghd and away you go Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I did use an older version last time I traveled and it was all good,so I wouldnt worry bout that Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> the only real problem would be voltage difference depending on what country your travelling to….check out ghd.com or ring a good salon that stocks them if your worried Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.