Community_discussions_small  

Comment

More annoying questions from first timer considering Contiki ;)

13 Oct 2010 Explorer1212116 said

Default_avatar
Is it wise to book the tour, or your flights first? I’d hate to e.g. book a tour then find that the first meeting point is a million miles from the airport,or that my flight gets in only moments before we are all meant to meet. Is it best to get your itinerary first, then go from there?

Are holiday VISAs needed? What is the process for holiday VISAs? Do they take a long time to clear?

Is there a checklist thread/section on this website? It just seems like there is so much to think about!!!

Do American ATMs accept Australian bank cards?
  • 13 Oct 2010 NaHdz said

NaHdz

Hi Explorer!

I’d get your tour booked first just so you know you have a seat, then make sure you book your flights so you arrive at least 1 day before the tour starts because most of them leave fairly early. That solves the problem of trying to rush from the airport to the meeting place etc Contiki can organise pre tour accom

Depends on which countries you visit, what passport you’re on and how long you plan to stay.. Aussies need a visa now to travel to the USA and you can get that online before you go, you don’t need any for Europe unless you’re staying for longer then 90 days.

American ATMS will accept VISA DEBIT cards but check and see what your bank charges in the way of fees.. the best way to take money is a Travelex Cash Passport.

• 14 Oct 2010 Explorer1212116 said

Default_avatar

Thanks so much Nahdz!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.