Best of USA Alcatraz tour

5 Feb 2008 Kathryn said

Hi everybody..<BR><BR>This is just a quick question for those people who have been on the best of USA tour and booked alcatraz.<BR><BR>On contiki's website, it says we should book into the alcatraz cruise ourselves... it says to do this for day 11 - but the best of USA tour is in new york on day 11. I'm guessing they are probably suggesting day 5 - this is when it says 'San Francisco at leisure'<BR><BR>Also, how long did you guys leave it before you booked it. If i am doing the tour in december, when would you suggest to book it. Is this a MUST DO when it comes to optionals?<BR><BR>Thanks heaps for your help<BR>Kathryn
  • 5 Feb 2008 Crawf33 said

I’ve heard from a friend in San Francisco that Alcatraz needs to be booked weeks in advance – that said, I’m betting Contiki has spots booked on a few tours during the times of their own tours.

Hope this helps.

• 5 Feb 2008 msznumeroUNO said

Hi Angie, you sure have given the exact information i was looking for with regards to Alcatraz.

• 5 Feb 2008 roaming_jafa said

are the ticket agents
    for tours there.

You can book tours up to 90 days in advance, and I suggest you do. It is the most popular
    tourist attraction in San Fran. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Feb 2008 Kathryn said

Hey angie

Thanks so much for all your help… this sounds wonderful and i can’t wait til december.

Thanks again

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.