Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Best of USA Alcatraz tour

5 Feb 2008 Kathryn said

Default_avatar
Hi everybody..

This is just a quick question for those people who have been on the best of USA tour and booked alcatraz.

On contiki's website, it says we should book into the alcatraz cruise ourselves... it says to do this for day 11 - but the best of USA tour is in new york on day 11. I'm guessing they are probably suggesting day 5 - this is when it says 'San Francisco at leisure'

Also, how long did you guys leave it before you booked it. If i am doing the tour in december, when would you suggest to book it. Is this a MUST DO when it comes to optionals?

Thanks heaps for your help
Kathryn
  • 5 Feb 2008 Crawf33 said

Crawf33

I’ve heard from a friend in San Francisco that Alcatraz needs to be booked weeks in advance – that said, I’m betting Contiki has spots booked on a few tours during the times of their own tours.

Hope this helps.

• 5 Feb 2008 msznumeroUNO said

msznumeroUNO

Hi Angie, you sure have given the exact information i was looking for with regards to Alcatraz.

Thanks!!

• 5 Feb 2008 roaming_jafa said

Default_avatar
    www.alcatrazcruises.com

are the ticket agents
    for tours there.

You can book tours up to 90 days in advance, and I suggest you do. It is the most popular
    tourist attraction in San Fran. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Feb 2008 Kathryn said

Default_avatar

Hey angie

Thanks so much for all your help… this sounds wonderful and i can’t wait til december.

Thanks again
    Kathryn

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion