Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai island hopper west December 2013?

2 May 2013 Sydz asked

Sydz

Is anyone thinking of doing this tour around the end of the year? Just realized the tours coinciding with new year are already full :(

Looking to do my second contiki, but travelling solo this time! I'm originally from South Africa but live in New Zealand now. Would be great if anyone who has already done this tour could give a quick review? Spending money, attractions, do & don'ts etc. Either way, cant wait :-)

• 3 May 2013 Sheridan said

Sheridan

Hi Sydz, I am looking into doing this tour in December, this will be my first tour and so nervous/excited!! Have you booked this yet?

• 3 May 2013 Sydz said

Sydz

No not yet! I geeked out the whole day researching and looking at dates. Im not too sure if I want to go on the 4th December or a little later in the month. I have about two more weeks and then il start booking everything:)

Honestly Contiki is amazing! If I could afford to do every trip with them I would!

• 3 May 2013 Timbo88 said

Timbo88

Hey Sydz I did the trip last October and loved it! Spending money you need roughly $150 AUD for all optional acitivities. Recommend the two boat cruise and snorkelling days and the Elephant riding. Avoid the ladyboy cabaret show as it was boring for me and everyone else just about. Definitely see Phuket, the Buddha and Old Phuket town on a day trip with others well worth it. Koh phi phi is amazing with the views, night life etc/ Krabi in Ao Nang is nice but alot of annoying salespeople trying to sell you suits. massages or a tattoo haha. Overall, an awesome trip! I am going back doing the East Island Hopper with about 8 or 9 people I became good friend with on that trip in July to complete the duo. Truly one of the most amazing times of my life I will never regret :)

• 3 May 2013 Timbo88 said

Timbo88

Oh and about $100 AUD a day spending money for food, booze, shopping etc etc is more than enough comfortably :)

• 4 May 2013 Sydz said

Sydz

Thanks so much:) sounds amazing! Thinking of going in a few days before just to explore on my own.Get lost, enjoy the craziness :)

• 4 May 2013 Sheridan said

Sheridan

Let me know if when you are going to book as i would love to know someone before i go. Super excited!!!!!
    ;-)

• 4 May 2013 Sydz said

Sydz

Will do Sheridan :) off to flight centre in an hour to see what needs to be paid and when! Looking at either the 4th departure or the 7th:)

• 10 May 2013 Cape Town Girl said

Cape Town Girl

Hey Sydz and Sheridan…Im also booking this tour, around December 28th, would love to be in Thai for the New Year. Would be my first Contiki and travelling solo, slightly nervous about that idea. What dates have you girls decided on?

• 10 May 2013 Sydz said

Sydz

Hi Cape Town girl:) I will most probably be going on the early December tours, 4th or 7th. I have family coming over for Christmas so need to be back in NZ before then. Don’t worry about travelling alone, you are going to meet so many amazing people on tour! I’v decided to do 5 days in Bangkok before the tour solo.
    I’m kind of loving the idea of doing what ever I want on my own terms. We only live once:)

• 20 May 2013 Ridwaan87 said

Ridwaan87

Planning on doing the 14th Dec tour. My first overseas visit, extremely excited, booking and flights should be confirmed by the end of this week. I’ve only heard and read great things about this tour!

• 29 May 2013 Sydz said

Sydz

Ended up booking 23rd November with three of my mates! I know it’s ages away but my excitement levels are going through the roof :)

• 16 Jul 2013 Laurynh said

Laurynh

Im going to book the 23rd tonight :)

• 16 Jul 2013 Tom said

Tom

Fellow 23rd Nov West Hopper here. Coming solo, cant wait!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.