Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Flights

13 Feb 2010 ryaneco said

Default_avatar
Hi All,

I'm currently thinking of doing the Winter Wanderer Starting Dec 30th and will be flying into London around Dec 20, 2010, returning end of January I'm looking at flights at the moment and they seem crazy high in price like $2,500 high; is that normal for this time of the year or am I just looking at flights too early in the year and need to wait it out a little; I hear flights get more expensive the closer we get to the Xmas period?

What's everyone's recommendations?
  • 13 Feb 2010 lolly_bee said

lolly_bee

i reckon you should keep looking, especially around the end of feb and into march and april. my travel agent whos a mate of mine said that around $1800 should be a pretty good rate return and that qantas, emirates, singapore airlines or lufthansa were all really good to fly with

• 14 Feb 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I know Dec 20 is one of the busiest days to fly in the US, I imagine it’s probably pretty popular for Europe too. If you can try to be a little flexible with that date. If you save $200 flying a day earlier it would pay for an extra night in the hotel.

Having said that, it’s quite early to be booking right now, but it’s a good time to be looking to get an idea of prices.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.