Community_discussions_small  

Question

When to book flights?

22 Nov 2010 kiwimel asked

Default_avatar
Hey guys, I'm looking at heading over to UK/Europe around July/August next year but am wondering when I should book my flights. I'm most probably going with Emirates but is it too early to book now? Should I wait until the start of next year or are the deals on at the moment as good as they are going to get?
I don't want to go and book if I can get cheaper later on and vice versa, does anyone know of any expos next year?

Thanks!
  • 23 Nov 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

There really is no way to know for sure what prices are going to do. I’ve often found great prices in the 6-10 week range. Though I know you can often get good deals months out I prefer not to book airfare for tours unless it is a guaranteed departure. But check out the change fees. If the price is say $500 less then they were last year and change fees are $150 each way, then even if you have to change your flight it’s only $300, and a savings of $200 – you’re still ahead. Same hold true in the event that something comes up in your own life that would prevent you from taking the trip.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion