Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Malaria Tablets and Vietnam Experience Tour

19 Jun 2010 Michelle89 said

Default_avatar
Hey.

I am travelling to Vietnam in early 2011 (too far away!) on the Vietnam Experience tour and have been doing some reading. There seems to be a HEAP of misinformation about Malaria in Vietnam, where it is at its most prevalent, and if I should take Malaria tablets ?

The vibe I get is that often the side effects of Malaria tablets outweigh the need to take, them unless absolutely nesscecary. I am a bit of a physically sensitive person (ie. sensitive stomach) and am just wondering if anyone else who has taken this tour (Vietnam Experience) used Malaria tablets? - and the best ones in your opinion if you did..

I know sometimes these discussions don’t get answered, and that’s okay - but thought Id put it out there and see Smiler

Michelle
  • 19 Jun 2010 Michelle89 said

Default_avatar

Praha,
    Thank you for your response – I really appreciate your insight. I seem to read MORE often than not that if you stick to resort towns/big cities (which I am in this tour – minus the Mekong Delta) that the risk for Malaria is not high enough to warrant concern. It seems taking precautions such as wearing light longer sleeved clothes at dawn/dusk, wearing tropical strength inset spray etc is recommended more often.

I will read through your links and have a chat with my doctor.

Thanks again! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 23 Jun 2010 NaHdz said

NaHdz

I’ve only been to Asia a couple of times but I always take Malaria tablets as a precaution. I didn’t have any side effects with mine and I just took it every morning with breakfast, it was easy. I’d rather be safe then sorry but it’s completely up to you Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> and yes talk to your doc about it because they get all the up to date warnings etc.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion