Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Costa Rica Unplugged

7 May 2013 Bec said

Bec

Hola I just got back from Contiki Costa rica. This trip was amazing!!! The country is so beautiful and the people are really nice. Totally recommend this trip to anyone. Our tour guide Andreas was really helpful and had so much knowledge of his country including the plant and animal life. The canyoneering optional is totally worth the money and the zipplining through the cloud forest in Monteverde was amazing also. The catamaran sailing optional was also lots of fun and a chance to sunbake, snorkel and have a drink (alcohol is included :) Make sure you pack warmer clothes as well as the temperature varied a far bit depending on where we were. You will also need shoes that you can wear in the water - especially for whitewater rafting and canyoneering. The accommodation was pretty nice for the most part. Some places nicer than others. Most with pools. Food was served buffet style with a big selection of choices and was pretty good although you will get sick of seeing rice and beans for breakfast! The fruit tastes amazing over there!!! Our tour had 23 amazing people mostly from Aus, Can, USA and UK. It was a really great bunch of people and a really good group size. Hot tip - Take bug spray that works - the mosquitos had a feast on me even with spray on. Also bring medication for gastro. Many of the people on our trip got sick -myself included. However it is easy enough to buy from the pharmacy over there. Most places will accept US dollars or Colones but if you pay in US your change will be given back in Colones. ATMS for MasterCard are harder to find, The majority we found will accept VISA. There are certain ATMS that can disperse US or Colones. This was my first Contiki and I loved every minute. This trip is on the go most of the tour, expect to be up early most mornings for different day trips. But there is still time to relax by the pool with a drink! Pura Vida!!! Bec x

• 7 May 2014 kalicat88 said

kalicat88

Hi all, just wondering how much spending money I should plan to take on the trip, I know a number of the meals aren’t included. How much did you end up spending outside of the included costs.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion