Community_discussions_small  

Question

Mobile phone overseas

8 May 2013 Matty asked

Matty

Hey guys, just wondering what's the best option to do in terms of using a mobile phone overseas? I don't want to be ripped of by my network even if I'm simply just receiving messages from back home. Are people just switching to global roaming, getting a pre-paid sim once on holiday or something entirely different?

• 8 May 2013 Timbo88 said

Timbo88

Ive downloaded Whatsapp, a free msging sms service app ill be using. get those close liek family, friends etc to download it that way the smsing is free instead of being charged by your provider to send and receive them

• 9 May 2013 alex said

alex

I’d also like to find out about this:)

• 9 May 2013 James said

James

Skype wifi apps good or these sims look like they go alright – http://www.contiki.ekit.com/ekit/MobilePurchase/Sims

• 10 May 2013 RayGold said

RayGold

Woolworths have a global roaming sim card that looks pretty good. I’m going to grab one for when I go on my contiki tour. http://www.woolworthsglobalroaming.com.au

• 11 May 2013 Matty said

Matty

Awesome, cheers for the suggestions guys, keep it coming though guys!

• 13 May 2013 rachaelnhunt said

rachaelnhunt

i’m going on a tour in august for a month and a half and i was looking in to this because global roaming is a bitch! i am getting a sim card with Travelsim. it’s totally pre paid it’s the one sim and phone number for all over europe. and the call rates are really good in most places and there is a standard 0.65c per mb for most countries in europe.

• 13 May 2013 Imelda said

Default_avatar

I jumped on the prepaid global roaming sim card band wagon last October and bought myself one of these www.woolworthsglobalroamnig.com.au
    It has great rates and coverage. I think the Woolies SIM is the best international SIM for Aussies travelling overseas as its only $29 including $10 credit, in comparrision to Travel SIM which charge $50 for their SIM….rip off!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion