Community_discussions_small  

Question

Age of travellers?

16 Aug 2008 Explorer1110162 asked

Default_avatar
Hey,

Me and my sister are looking at heading over to America may next year, and are deciding if we should do contiki or make our own way around. I am 21 and have done contiki through Europe and loved it but most of the people on my tour were from 18-24. My sister is a little older, 32, and while she knows it's what you make of the experience would like to know that there are going to be other people her age around. So just wondering how old are you all? Also where are most of the people doing the tours from?

Cheers!!
  • 16 Aug 2008 Pervy said

Pervy

Hi, I was 32 when I did my first American contiki and 34 when I did my second. There were a few people in this age range and even some older.

• 16 Aug 2008 nyakattia said

Default_avatar

I’m about to depart on my first contiki, and all I can say is that I hope there is a good age range on my trips! I’ve always gotten along with older adults (I’m 23) and generally prefer their company to 18-21 year olds who might be more interested in drinking than seeing the sights. Age is all in the mind anyway. :P

• 17 Aug 2008 Mel said

Default_avatar

Hey there, my husband and i did the LA to the BAy tour in Sept last year. i was 30 years old and he was 31 years. We had a blast. Next year in April we are now doing the Grand Southern tour, i will be one month shy of my 32nd birthday and my husband will be 32 years as well, nearly 33. We arent worried about our age as we know we got along well with all ages last time. ON our last tour i think there were about 5 people older than us. The average ages were between 24 and 27 on our tour.
    Hope that helps ! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.