Community_discussions_small  

Question

please help me with my budgeting!!

9 May 2013 keelythompson1 asked

keelythompson1

Hi guys! I'm planning to go on a contiki tour around Europe at the end of next year, and I've been looking at the ones that are about 4 weeks and $3000. so its still a while away, but I was just wondering how much cash I need for spending money? Could someone who's been help me out?
THANKS!! :)

• 9 May 2013 sean said

sean

every thing iv read on budgetting and how much money to take say around $100 a day should do it. remember contiki are a budget travel choice so they will try and cheap out when ever they can so its good to have more cash then you need. im going around europe for a month the start of september this year and i wanna budget for about $150 a day better safe then sorry

• 9 May 2013 Chris713 said

Default_avatar

It really depends on you. I got tthrough an entire 25 day European Escapade in about 1100-1200 Euros, yet there were people on my tour who spent double that. It all comes down to what you do. The way I travelled was I looked at travel days on the bus as my “cheap days” and would usually only spend money on lunch (because breakfast and dinner provided) and then your days exploring the different cities is when you spend a bit more. I’m not a big shopper so didn’t spend a lot of money on that, and I still did most of the optionals on the tour too. The big difference is really how much you drink. I only did every second night or so (you are usually too exhausted anyway). So yeah for me on average around $50AUD was sufficient, and I wasn’t being stingey either. but as I said it comes down to the person and most people spent more. If your smart about what you spend on that is more than enough.

• 6 Jan 2014 AshleighVM said

AshleighVM

Were you able too do the optionals and buy a couple souvenirs with your $50 aud a day?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion