Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Trail - 28 Dec 2013.

9 May 2013 Michael asked

Michael

Hey guys, I'm doing the European trail leaving on the 28th of December. Who here is going on that trip?
Also, if anyone has any tips on what's useful to bring that isn't on the 'contiki list' I'd greatly appreciate it! I've never been overseas so my knowledge on overseas travelling is almost non-existent.
:)

• 18 May 2013 Meaghan said

Meaghan

I am doing the Trail to Rome tour starting 28th December which is the London to Rome part of this tour. Can’t wait. I have done Contiki before so let me know if you have any questions!

• 27 May 2013 bekah said

bekah

hey, Im also on this trip only finishing in france. I’ve been overseas before bu never contiki and never to Europe.

• 11 Jun 2013 bekah said

bekah

so, change of plans; I am now going on the tour leaving the following week. enjoy your trip :)

• 30 Jun 2013 AshStewart said

AshStewart

I’ll be on this tour too! I can’t wait for the trip…. not so much the cold!

• 30 Jun 2013 TeziNYE88 said

TeziNYE88

Ive read through about 25 pages of the ‘what do you wish you’d known’ discussion feed and there are heaps of people saying to bring things like power boards, cold and flu tabs (from your country of origin ie AUS) purell (hand sanitiser), extra memory cards for your camera
    side note re cameras, what is everyone taking camera wise? I spoke to a few different sales people at JB-HIFI and they advised that due to the type of tour, it would be best for a waterproof / frost proof camera…any truth to this?
    other things they have said to bring is microfiber towel rather than bath sheet type towel – quicker try time and less smell in the suitcase, plastic bags for dirty clothes, zip lock bags to take excess from the breakfasts (ie snacks and such on the bus or walking around town etc) um there are heaps more things (alot more for females to read up on – hairdryer and femme products etc) but take a look through the ‘what do you wish you’d known’ blog / forum for some tips and tricks…
    They also say take lots of selfies and with people from the tour rather than scenery all the time..but each to their own i suppose
    count down is on!! less than 6 months to go!!

• 30 Jun 2013 Michael said

Michael

Wow, thats the most extensive answer ever lol. Thanks :)

• 9 Sep 2013 So Hyun said

So Hyun

Hello :) I’m going on european trail 28dec, too!! Nice to meet you :)

• 9 Sep 2013 megeegan said

megeegan

Hi everyone! My sister and I will be on this tour. This will be my second European Contiki- the last one was in 2011 during the summer, so expecting a different experience during the winter and really looking forward to it!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.