Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Simply Italy May 21-June 2 2011

14 Nov 2010 Stephless said

Stephless
Hey guys!
My husband and I just put the deposit down on this trip. I'm so stoked! Is anyone out there down for this one as well? This is our first trip with a tour group so getting to know some folks before our great time together in beautiful Italy would be awesome! Cool

Steph
  • 5 Jan 2011 Explorer SF7 said

Default_avatar

Hi Steph!
    I’m definitely considering these tour dates.
    Hopefully will have it booked soon!

• 11 Jan 2011 Explorer1210612 said

Default_avatar

Hi Steph!
    I’ve booked this trip already! So far I’ll be traveling alone, but that could change before May! So excited!!
    Laura

• 14 Jan 2011 Explorer SF7 said

Default_avatar

Booked!

I might be travelling solo too.
    Super excited about this trip!

• 16 Jan 2011 Explorer1228028 said

Default_avatar

Hi! I’m definitely considering this trip. I’ll also be travelling alone … perhaps I’ll see you all there!

• 18 Jan 2011 Stephless said

Stephless

Yay! So excited! I can’t wait to meet everyone. Packing 13 days into one suitcase… i dont know guys! haha I’m going to try. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

So where is everyone from? My husband and I are both from Texas in the states. No, we don’t wear cowboy hats and ride horses to work. lol I always seem to get that question.

• 18 Jan 2011 Gilsner said

Gilsner

Hi! I’m looking to book a Simply Italy tour mid to late may/early June and am considering this date. After all, the people look friendly Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> I’m wondering (forgive me if I’m being too forward) what everyone’s ages are? I’m closer to 30 than I am to 20 (shudder, I know) and don’t want to be the old person on the trip.

• 19 Jan 2011 Explorer SF7 said

Default_avatar

Looks like I’m not travelling solo after all!
    My friend and I are 25 and from Toronto.

It’s funny you should say that Steph since the last Contiki I was on I got to know this really cool couple from Texas and they had a good laugh hearing us say “eh” all the time, and I learned that not ALL Texans have the accent you hear in the movies!

• 19 Jan 2011 Explorer SF7 said

Default_avatar

Looks like I’m not travelling solo after all!
    My friend and I are 25 and from Toronto.

It’s funny you should say that Steph since the last Contiki I was on I got to know this really cool couple from Texas and they had a good laugh hearing us say “eh” all the time, and I learned that not ALL Texans have the accent you hear in the movies!

• 20 Jan 2011 Explorer SF7 said

Default_avatar

I’m not sure if anyone else is having this problem but when I click on the links for the museums on Day 6 and Day 8 on the Detailed Intinerary nothing happens. I called up Contiki and apparently the links work if you right click and open in a new tab/window.

So I finally got to purchase tickets for Michaelangelo’s David. Tickets for May for The Last Supper however do not go on sale until February.
    What I also discovered is that Tickitaly charges 22.50 Euros/ticket for The Last Supper, however Vivaticket – www.vivaticket.it – only charges 8.50 Euros/ticket.

• 20 Jan 2011 Gilsner said

Gilsner

SF7:
    Any idea what time you’re booking The Last Supper for? I’ll try to book for the same time, when they go on sale (February 9th). I’m not sure what time we arrive in Milan but it looks like the only guided English tours are at 9:30 and 15:30. (Unguided tours are every 15 mins) As for the difference in cost, I believe it’s 8 Euros to see the last supper (an additional 3.25 for the English tour, if you want a guided tour) and more to visit the last supper and the museum. But I concur… the sites are confusing. Here’s the site of the place itself:
    http://www.vivaticket.it/

• 20 Jan 2011 Explorer052501 said

Default_avatar

I’ll be on this trip as well! I am Steph’s husband, Chris. For the person who asked, we are 28 and will both be 29 when we are in Italy (we actually leave on my 29th bday) so hopefully we’re able to keep up lol. We both are going crazy looking forward to this trip. The days cannot go by fast enough!

• 21 Jan 2011 Explorer SF7 said

Default_avatar

@ Gilsner – Contiki states that viewings of the Last Supper should be scheduled between 1:30pm and 4pm on Day 8. I assume this means that we will be able to line up by 1pm (given that our bus gets there on time).
    I haven’t decided what time to buy tickets for as yet, but 1:45pm sounds good just to be on the safe side. I won’t be doing a guided tour since all you get is 15 minutes literally inside and then you have to leave.

As for the price discrepancy, I’m really not sure why Tickitaly charges almost three times more than Vivaticket. However, it could be because the price to see the museum is lumped in. I’ll have to look into that again.

• 28 Jan 2011 Stephless said

Stephless

I’m not too crazy about this new discussion board. Facebook group anyone? I’ll start it and see if it works better for everyone. No pressure to join. :) If the facebook thing flops, we’ll just communicate here. I’ll post the group name once I create it. 4 months everyone!!

• 28 Jan 2011 Stephless said

Stephless

K, group is locked and loaded!! Group name: Simply Italy 5/21-6/2

Sorry that’s my Texas showing… we love guns here! lol

• 19 Feb 2011 Melissa said

Melissa

My husband and I are going on this trip too!!! We are so excited!! Haven’t been on a tour before, or even been to Europe! We’re from Vancouver, BC and looking forward to meeting everyone! 3 more months!!!

• 16 Mar 2011 Stephless said

Stephless

Just wanted to put a link up for the Facebook group…

Simply Italy 5/21-6/2
    Group

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion