Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Europe Winter

26 Aug 2009 Explorer Bec 2 said

Explorer Bec 2
Hey guys..
im wanting to do my first contiki but im a school teacher and can only go in school holidays..has anyone been on contiki in december-january.
Is it any good or should i go in europes summer?
  • 26 Aug 2009 hayley said

hayley

Hi Bec,

I did the Winter Wanderer tour two years ago which took me around Europe over Christmas/New Years. I loved it! Although it was cold the lines to get into many attractions are halved during winter, and I think you will still have the best time no matter if you go then or in summer.

• 26 Aug 2009 Explorer Bec 2 said

Explorer Bec 2

thanks hayley

was the trip full or empty?o and did u travel with someone or alone?

• 26 Aug 2009 copar21 said

Default_avatar

I also did the winter wanderer last year in December. the weather was beautiful and it is true the queues are definately shorter. my tour was almost full, had about 40 people on it. i travelled alone and its the only way i’d travel.

• 27 Aug 2009 bubble said

Default_avatar

im a teacher too and have booked the european inspiration tour departing jan 1st, 2010. im looking forward to it, despite the cold, i hear europe in winter is an experience in itself. the tour just became a definite departure so im extra excited now Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

go for it explorer bec 2! Us teachers need a good break away Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Aug 2009 Amy said

Default_avatar

Hi there,

I did the Winter Wanderer last year and had a wonerful time. Europe at Christmas time is special. The smell of roasting chestnuts and fir trees, the sound of carollers and the crunching of snow underfoot is unique if you don’t normally experience a white Christmas. Our tour was full and I would have to say that at least 40% of the people were teachers, I guess that’s because it’s the only time we get a lengthy break that will allow us to travel. Go and enjoy yourself and experience things you wouldn’t otherwise normally would, I can highly reccommend it.

• 7 Sep 2009 Ange said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m a teacher too! I’ve booked the European Encounter which leaves December 18. I wasn’t so sure about going in winter but everyone I’ve spoken too said just go for it! It’s hard only having enough time off at Chrissy but it can’t be helped. I’m getting so excited!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.