Community_discussions_small  

Comment

2011 European Tours

7 Aug 2010 EmersonKB said

Default_avatar
Hi all Smiler

I'm starting to plan out my European adventure and was wondering where is the best place to find out about dates and tours that are running in 2011?

I'm planning on starting at the end of April, 2011.

My vague plan at the moment is to start off on a decent length contiki tour and then have a few backpackers/hostels booked after that. Then make it up on the fly after that.

If anyone sees this and is thinking of doing a similar thing around the same time, send me a message Smiler

Emerson
  • 9 Aug 2010 kristy said

kristy

i think you’ll find that the european dates dont come out till october. they always have. the other tours like america, australia and nz come out early. if that helps a bit

• 9 Aug 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

The dates usually come out in late October. You can call earlier then that and reserve a spot so that you are the first to be booked on a tour when the dates are released.

• 11 Aug 2010 salsaatc said

salsaatc

Emerson, I too am waiting on the 2011 Eoropean Tour dates to come out. I’ve been told tha they will be out in October. I’m also starting to plan my 2011 Europe trip and am also planning on doing an April/May trip. At the moment I am considering doing the 35 day European Explorer and then backpacking for another month or so afterwards on my own. How about you?

• 15 Aug 2010 nikwit100 said

Default_avatar

Hi. I am thinking about going on a European tour in May 2011. At the moment I would be going by myself and this seems a bit daunting but an adventure. Have you been before? I can’t decide which tour to book. help!

• 16 Aug 2010 salsaatc said

salsaatc

No I have never been before, this will be my first time on a Contiki Tour and first time traveling solo, really excited about it….an adventure for sure! I too can’t decide between the 35 day European Explorer or the 21 day European Inspiration. Both sound great. I like that the Explorer goes to Greece and the Islands as well as up the coast by Croatia although I like the Inspiration because you stay in each city for two days versus one. I really don’t think we can go wrong with whichever we pick. It’ll be an awesome experience regardless.

• 16 Aug 2010 salsaatc said

salsaatc

Paperwings – Thanks for your feedback. I have read the same reviews where others stated they felt rushed w/ one day stops versus the two day stops. What really excites me about the European Explorer is the fact that they go to Greece and the Greek Islands as well as Croatia and up the coast. Really like that aspect of the trip as well. Really don’t know which I will choose at this point….they both sound great!

• 22 Aug 2010 CoUrTnEy said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,
    Im also looking at doing Europe at the end of April 2011. Most likely will end up doing the long 45 day ultimate european before travelling around europe for another 2-3 months.

• 23 Aug 2010 Pamela85 said

Pamela85

hey ive pre-booked my european tour (european panorama) starting in May cant wait for the dates to be confirmed. never been to europe Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Aug 2010 EmersonKB said

Default_avatar

Pamela85, congratulations on booking your trip! How and where exactly were you able to ‘pre-book’? Was it through Contiki or a reseller?

I’ve booked my flights to the UK landing at the end of April, it’s all go from here Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Aug 2010 PinaI said

PinaI

The American dates are out so shouldn’t be too long before we see the ones for Europe too.

• 23 Aug 2010 Pamela85 said

Pamela85

Hey Emerson, I pre-booked through my travel agent who contacted Contiki. This registers my interest until the dates come out and I just need to pay extra if need be when the dates come out.

• 29 Aug 2010 Explorer1206210 said

Default_avatar

Is anyone doing the ultimate european greek islands tour on June 12, 2011?

• 29 Aug 2010 DaniellaP said

Default_avatar

I’m fairly resolved to doing European Vista in May 2011. Is anyone else thinking about doing this tour??

• 29 Aug 2010 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

I am dead set on doing the European Panorama, probably in mid-May

• 30 Aug 2010 MichelleF13 said

Default_avatar

Hey there

I am planning on doing 3 contiki tours starting Mid to late May 2011.

How were some of you able to get the dates already?

• 30 Aug 2010 RJ1817 said

RJ1817
    quote:
    Originally posted by MichelleF13:
    Hey there

I am planning on doing 3 contiki tours starting Mid to late May 2011.

How were some of you able to get the dates already?

nothing official yet. just going from when they were done on past years

• 30 Aug 2010 Explorer1206481 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I’m looking at doing the European Escapade in April next year – anyone else looking at doing this? It’s my first big trip so any suggestions or anyone else who’s excited but nervous, let me know Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Thanks

• 31 Aug 2010 travelbug19 said

Default_avatar

I’m planning on doing my first solo travel’s next year. But having some trouble; Like the best time to go. I’m only doing the London to Rome 16 day tour. Just to get a bite of everything. Start of small than do the big gun’s another time lol. So if there is anyone doing the London To Rome tour. It would be good to hear from you.

Cheers*

Kahlia

• 31 Aug 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1206481:
    Hey,

I’m looking at doing the European Escapade in April next year – anyone else looking at doing this? It’s my first big trip so any suggestions or anyone else who’s excited but nervous, let me know Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Thanks

Heey, Im planning on doing the European Escapade in April too. Can’t wait for the dates to be released.
    Are you going by yourself? I think ill be going solo lol. Shall be an amazing experience..hopefully.
    I also want to do the Scotland/Ireland tour after the European Escapade, i just hope the dates work out.

• 1 Sep 2010 CoUrTnEy said

Default_avatar

Explorer1180816

Im looking at doing both of the tours you are considering but prob in july
    Cant wait i really want to see the greek islands

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion