Community_discussions_small  

Comment

2011 European Tours

7 Aug 2010 EmersonKB said

Default_avatar
Hi all Smiler

I'm starting to plan out my European adventure and was wondering where is the best place to find out about dates and tours that are running in 2011?

I'm planning on starting at the end of April, 2011.

My vague plan at the moment is to start off on a decent length contiki tour and then have a few backpackers/hostels booked after that. Then make it up on the fly after that.

If anyone sees this and is thinking of doing a similar thing around the same time, send me a message Smiler

Emerson
  • 1 Sep 2010 MichelleF13 said

Default_avatar

I am planning on doing European Escapade as well probably the beginnig of may and i will be alone is there anyone else planning on doing that tour around the same time?

• 1 Sep 2010 salsaatc said

salsaatc

Anyone planning to do the European Inspiration tour in either April or May of 2011? I am trying to decide whether I will do this tour or the European Explorer w/ Greek Island Cruising in May/June. Both sounds AWESOME! Can’t decide!

• 1 Sep 2010 Steph S. said

Default_avatar

I am looking forward to going on the Simply Italy tour on June 2011. Anyone going??

It´s my first solo trip and pretty excited!

• 1 Sep 2010 salsaatc said

salsaatc

THE DATES ARE ALREADY OUT!!! CHECK THE CONTIKI WEBSITE! LET THE PLANNING BEGIN!

• 1 Sep 2010 MichelleF13 said

Default_avatar

Where??? I just looked and I didnt see the new dates for next year.

• 2 Sep 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88

I think the dates for 2011 are just for the winter tours..so far!

• 2 Sep 2010 salsaatc said

salsaatc

The 2011 summer tour dates ARE already available on the Contiki website. Find the trip you want to take, then click on “Dates & Pricing”. Once you get to the calender, scroll forward until you get to April or May of next year and you will see the new tour dates. Some months you will see the statement “There are currently no departures available for this month”. Just keep scrolling forward through the months until you see the 2011 tour dates. You’ll see them!

• 2 Sep 2010 RJ1817 said

RJ1817
    quote:
    Originally posted by salsaatc:
    The 2011 summer tour dates ARE already available on the Contiki website. Find the trip you want to take, then click on “Dates & Pricing”. Once you get to the calender, scroll forward until you get to April or May of next year and you will see the new tour dates. Some months you will see the statement “There are currently no departures available for this month”. Just keep scrolling forward through the months until you see the 2011 tour dates. You’ll see them!

can’t find them on the website, but they are listed on the “My Contiki” application on facebook

• 2 Sep 2010 Kelsey said

Kelsey
    quote:
    Originally posted by salsaatc:

Dates can be released at different times in different countries.

• 2 Sep 2010 MichelleF13 said

Default_avatar

Thank you for the tip!

Let the planning beging Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 3 Sep 2010 Explorer1148588 said

Default_avatar

Dates are there for summer 2011 on some of the popular tours.

• 7 Sep 2010 nikwit100 said

Default_avatar

Explorer1180816 – Its soo hard to decide. I would be going by msyelf, which is a bit daunting! :-S

Karina88 – What tour are you thinking of doing? Are you going by yourself too?

Salsaatc – I think the European Explorer + Greek Island option is my favourite at the moment.

I’m thinking of going around April/May 2011. Anyone else going around this time?

• 8 Sep 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88
    quote:
    Originally posted by nikwit100:
    Explorer1180816 – Its soo hard to decide. I would be going by msyelf, which is a bit daunting! :-S

Karina88 – What tour are you thinking of doing? Are you going by yourself too?

Salsaatc – I think the European Explorer + Greek Island option is my favourite at the moment.

I’m thinking of going around April/May 2011. Anyone else going around this time?

Hey. I’m thinking of doing european vista around march Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> and yeah ill be going solo.

• 12 Sep 2010 aimee490 said

aimee490
    quote:
    Originally posted by PaperWings:
    Salsaatc— I am going in the summer of 2011 and what decided my choice was the 2 day stops in the cities. ive read a lot of reviews saying that they were really rushed through the cities and didnt get to see everything. and those who did the 2 day stop overs said they enjoyed the extra time and saw more. The other thing that made me chose the european inspiration tour was that it went to Berlin. this was more important to me than seeing some of the other cities that replaced the berlin stop over.

hey paperwings, which date have you chosen? i’m going on european inspirations in europe summer as well Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Sep 2010 Coby said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the European Explorer late May 2011 + Greek Island. I can’t wait. Hella expensive, but well worth it for the experience.

• 15 Sep 2010 Dani xx said

Default_avatar

Me! i think. im gona do the june 12th ultimate european. Still not sure if im doing greek islands or egypt. Wea u from??

• 15 Sep 2010 nikwit100 said

Default_avatar

Hi. I think I’ve changed my mind and want to do the European Inspiration Tour in either April/May 2011. IS anyone else looking at doing this tour at the same time? Afterwards I want to go to Sweden and Ireland for a look :-) Anybody keen?

• 15 Sep 2010 chrisaussiegirl said

Default_avatar

Just paid for my deposit & paid my travel insurance today so exciting! I’m going on the European Adventurer June 17th-July 23rd. Anyone else on this tour??

• 15 Sep 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88

I was going to do european vista (winter) but now im going to do winter wanderer 19th march 2011. going to book/pay deposit tomorrow or saturday. so excited!
    im also going to go to ireland a few days before the tour for st patricks day… C’MON MARCH!!! haha

• 23 Sep 2010 Grace said

Default_avatar

hey guys,
    starting to plan a trip to euro in the summer, leaving australia anywhere from may-july. would like to do a longish tour with contiki then a few months with others/alone…anyone keen to talk about it all send me an email heart_shaped_box55@hotm…

grace.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion