Community_discussions_small  

Question

Recomendations?

3 Oct 2006 SaraBeth asked

Default_avatar
Hi! I am Sara and I am interested in doing a Contiki tour. I want to go in May 2007. Does anyone have any recomendations on which European Trip to choose? I spent 3 weeks on a family trip to Ireland this past summer. I am 18 and will be traveling by myself this time around. Thanks for the help!!

-Sara K.
  • 3 Oct 2006 SaraBeth said

Default_avatar

I am really not big on camping… so I would probably choose a Superior trip package. I just want to know what locations you would recomend. can you guys tell me briefly about your experiences with contiki?

• 3 Oct 2006 SaraBeth said

Default_avatar

I have read that the Panorama tour is fabulous…so maybe I should look more into that! I would love to go to Spain (im studying spanish!!) and Greece looks beautiful in photos. I am absolutely in love with taking pictures! Thank you guys for your tips!
    <3 Sara

• 4 Oct 2006 SaraBeth said

Default_avatar

After doing a bunch of reading.. I think i have narrowed it down to two. I am thinking of doing the European Encounter or the European Escapade. I would LOVE to do the Panorama but I think that it might just be a little bit tooo expensive for me. Can any of you guys tell me about Encounter or Escapade? If you went on them in the past,how did you like it? any tips?

• 4 Oct 2006 Amanda14 said

Default_avatar

I just got back from the European Encounter about three days ago. After it was over I spent another week in London.
    It was absolutely amazing. While I can’t account for the Escapade because I haven’t been on it, the Encounter was incredible. The experiences you have on the trip and the people you meet will be worth any kind of money you spend; trust me.
    My tip to you is to be outgoing. The first night in Amsterdam I was a little shy at first but finally made my mind up to be bold and talk to people on my own. It worked out great, and I honestly made great friends that I’m sure I’ll stay in close contact with.
    It’s busy, though. You don’t get much time to breathe, but that was okay. We were always doing something …
    Enjoy! It was a blast and I never wanted to come home!

• 5 Oct 2006 SaraBeth said

Default_avatar

Before i wasnt sure if i was going to be able to save up enough to go on panorama…but it looks like i might be able too! I actually just got a new job yesterday that pays more than the other one I had! and i talked with my parents and they said they would give me some money!!! They both said that if i am going all the way over to europe i have to go crazy and try to go as many places as possible!haha I havent officially booked any thing yet, but this will probably be my decision. The convincing factor was that it goes to spain and greece!! I have been studying spanish since i was young and i think that greece would be absolutely amazing!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.