Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Clothes for NZ in August

4 Apr 2009 Mel said

Mel
Hi all,

A friend and I are heading to both the North and South Islands of NZ in August/September, we were wondering what clothes we should pack. We wanted to know if it was best to get a jacket which is warm or waterproof or both? Also, if we should take hiking shoes or regular sneakers??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mel Roll Eyes
  • 4 Apr 2009 jane said

Default_avatar

all i can say is make it warm and dry Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->and normal shoes should do it

• 8 Apr 2009 James Robertson said

Default_avatar

Hi there, im a kiwi in auckland…

August/September will be the middle to late winter, i would advise warm and waterproof jacket, and depending on if you are going up any mountains or around any of the national parks i would take hiking boots, mostly i am guessing will b around the cities and therfore sneakers would suffice. Plenty (like heaps) of places over here sell woolen gloves, scarves etc and we tend to be quite cheap (exchange rates) for people holidaying over here so if you are cold you can always find something warm… like possum fur gloves or merino (sheep) scarves… super warm! Our winters can be in auckland about 10-16 degrees, south island quite often goes negative with low level snow falls. i would check out the weather website accuweather.com and search for the places you intend to be to give you an indication. have fun!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion