Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Contrasts - Optional Extras

23 Jul 2007 kylie_showgirl said

Default_avatar
Hi Contikiers

Im just after some advice on optional extras. Should I budget to include all of them? Does everyone generally do all of them and are there any that aren't really worth the money?

My tour leaves on the 2nd August for 29 days so Im kind of leaving it till the last minuite to get my cashola sorted!

Any comments are appreciated.

Kylie
  • 23 Jul 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

I would recommend budgeting for all of them unless there are any that you know you don’t want to do. Most people will do most optionals, but there are always people skipping optionals too. I’ve found the dinners to be hit or miss. Some are great and some are, well, not really worth the money but are still fun with the group.

If you budget for all of them and skip any, then you’ll just have extra money to spend elsewhere, or take home with you. Either way, it’s a win win!

• 24 Jul 2007 katie said

Default_avatar

I did the contrasts that left on 3 August last year and did all of the extras bar the concert in Vienna.

I would recommend doing as many as you can as long as they interest you.

The canal bike tour in amsterdam was a bit hit or miss but the one that you cannot miss is the trip up Jungfrau mountain.. its a bit expensive but worth every cent. when we went up it was snowing so heavily that you couldn’t see 5 metres in front of you, but it was the highlight of my trip to say we were playing in the snow in Switzerland Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Also the first night out in Paris is a great night to get to know the people you’ll spend the next 4 weeks with and it’s a great laugh and an experience at the nouvelle eve…

Another must do is George’s boat… one of the best days, spending the day on a boat or parasailing and doing a heap of different water sports… George is a dirty old man (which he’ll tell you himself) but it’s a fun day…. you’d regret it if you didn’t do it…

they would be my suggestions.. enjoy it, it’s a great trip.

Just another piece of advice, be careful of the paid laundry they offer in rome and corfu, it sounds great but in corfu they got our clothes mixed up with people on another tour!!1

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion