Community_discussions_small  

Question

Must-see movies?

8 Apr 2007 JBCali asked

Default_avatar
Hey all,
So, being super-excited for our trip, my husband and I have been trying to watch movies that take place in Europe.
So far we've seen Eurotrip, and National Lampoon's European Vacation. Are there any other movies that we need to see? They don't necessarily have to be about visiting Europe, just anything involving European life or culture is great. Any suggestions?
I'm kinda avoiding Hostel, btw. I'm easily freaked out. :-)
  • 2 May 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Don’t bother with “when in Rome” about a whole 10 mins of the movie is in Rome and the rest in NYC

• 5 May 2010 Jenna_Lee said

Jenna_Lee

Vicky Christina Barcelona is a good one for Barcelona! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 May 2010 scandi_gal said

Default_avatar

O, I love Vicky Christina Barcelona! I made sure that I chose a tour that went there purely because of that movie.

I just saw Letters to Juliet, lovely shots of Verona and the Italian country side.

• 13 May 2010 Marianne said

Default_avatar

French Kiss with Meg Ryan is set almost entirely in France and has some beautiful shots of Paris and the French countryside and wine country.

• 13 May 2010 JenShep said

JenShep

Another is Chasing Liberty, With mandy moore, kinda corny, but she goes to prague, Venice and berlin.

History Boys – England, Cambridge, Christ church, Oxford, and several abby’s.

Only You – with Robert Downey Jr, think someone esle mentioned it.

Pride & Prejudice movie and TV series, there are some great shots of the english county side,

Destiny of her own/Dangerous Beauty/Honest Courtisan, Venice – period movie about venice politics & Courtisans, Based on the life of Veronica Franco one of italy’s most famous courtisans, poet and writer from the 16th century.

Much ado About nothing, filmed in Florence
    the Talented mr Riply – filmed throughout Italy
    Tea with mussolini – crap movie but filmed in Florence and Rome, interesting fact about Mussolini is that from his house in Rome you can see the Colosuem, that is becasue he demoished all the buildings in his way.

American Werewolf in Paris – Paris Luxembourg & Amsterdam

Happy Watching.

• 27 May 2010 Explorer1184761 said

Default_avatar

Ratatouille!!

• 31 May 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au

I watched Angels and Demons on the weekend and there is ALOT of Rome in that one!!! Made me very very very excited to be going!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion