Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Southern - Los angeles - New York - August 18th 2011

8 Oct 2010 Natalie said

Natalie
Hi, just about to put a deposit on the grand southern holiday - los angeles to new york - august 18th 2011 and would love too chat to anyone who is thinking of going at this time and im travelling solo and from south australia and my yahoo addy is andrew.natalie@y7mail.com if u want to add me. So excited and nervous at the same time, should be a ball.
  • 8 Feb 2011 Miss-Sarah-87 said

Miss-Sarah-87

Hi Natalie are you still doing this date? I noticed you said you were changing dates. I am hopefully booking this date this week!! So excited!!

• 13 Feb 2011 Luke said

Luke

Hi Natalie i booked the same tour but going 25th Aug. Hope you have a wonderful time. I’m looking so forward to it. I’m going with a mate, we are both single atm but who know what could happen till Aug!!!!!

• 14 Feb 2011 Miss-Sarah-87 said

Miss-Sarah-87

Hey I just booked this tour, anyone else going??

• 15 Feb 2011 jedvsworld said

Default_avatar

hi there.yup im booked and locked in for this one..

• 17 Feb 2011 Luke said

Luke

Hi Sarah and jed! a mate and i were booked to go on 25th as mentioned above but it was cancelled so now we are going on 18th as well. hope to talk to you both before we meet! add me on facebook under Luke Kruys. Where are you from?

• 17 Feb 2011 Miss-Sarah-87 said

Miss-Sarah-87

Hi Luke, I’m from Perth where abouts are you guys from? Hope this tour goes ahead, isn’t confirmed yet!!

Miss-Sarah-87

Another discussion for this date – http://contiki.com.au/community/discussions/5614-grand-southern-august-18-2011

• 17 Feb 2011 Luke said

Luke

My cousin lives in Byford (has horses) i’m from Brisbane! well i hope this one doesn’t get cancelled! why do they cancel them so soon? 6 months to go! time to save save save!!!!

Miss-Sarah-87

Cool, by the sounds of it USA tours are mostly Aussies…
    No idea why, never been on one before… they better not though, my plans will be so screwed if they do!!
    Yup I’m saving like crazy right now :D

• 18 Feb 2011 Luke said

Luke

Hi Kate i tried login onto sarah’s threat but it didn’t take me to it. I just started commenting on this one!!! Where bouts u from in Melbourne? most of my family are from Mooroolbark, Bayswater and Heathmont. i’m going to Melbourne to watch Carlton v Melbourne at the MCG. I’m a blues supporter!! Like sarah said i think most of this trip is going to be aussies! oi oi oi!!!

• 18 Feb 2011 Miss-Sarah-87 said

Miss-Sarah-87

I use to live in Melbourne – from Rowville & have family in Mildura although that’s no where near Melb! Just got back from Melbourne, love it!!

• 18 Feb 2011 Luke said

Luke

next time get on my profile I don’t think Natalie (who started this in the first place is going on this tour) or just doesn’t reply!

• 18 Feb 2011 Miss-Sarah-87 said

Miss-Sarah-87

Will add ya on facebook…
    When there’s enough of us we will have to make a group haha/

• 19 Feb 2011 Miss-Sarah-87 said

Miss-Sarah-87

What’s the group called, I couldn’t find it..
    Oh cool I use to go to the Glen :P haha

• 22 Feb 2011 AllysaDreams said

AllysaDreams

Hi ya, I maybe booking the eastern tour which I thinks joins the grand southern in new orleans on august 30th all the way to new york, I did the wild western last October, you’ll have a great time

• 23 Feb 2011 Luke said

Luke

Hope to meet up with u then Ally! yes Kate, found the other link. It’s under ‘grand contiki’ then fb will take u straight to it! seems we’ll be using both!!! I’m going on the NY add on contiki for 4 days now, anyone else going?

• 23 Feb 2011 Miss-Sarah-87 said

Miss-Sarah-87

Are you doing the NY explorer straight after on the 13th Sept? I am :)

• 23 Feb 2011 AllysaDreams said

AllysaDreams

Thanks Luke :0) I just hope there’s spaces left to book on Saturday! When I did wild western there was about 50 on the tour two thirds were Australia and nz then about 6 of us from the uk then Japanese, German, French, korean, it’s really nice.

You’ll all have a long enough time to really get to know most people

I just wish I was going with a friend but hopefully I’ll meet some nice people

• 24 Feb 2011 Luke said

Luke

Hi Sarah Yes i am! booking it tomorrow. I’m there already so may as well do it! Biggest city in the world and lots to see!

• 24 Feb 2011 Luke said

Luke

Well i was going with a mate of mine and now he’s not going! my cousin talked me into still going saying ‘you meet so many people to hang out with anyway’! so don’t worry about that. I’m worried now, hope i get in to that tour cause you get to see so much!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.