Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern 9th Jan 2014 LA to NYC :)

17 May 2013 theshannono asked

theshannono

I know its months away but it will creep up on us, no doubt haha

I'm leaving Australia on the 3rd Jan 2014 and spending some time in SAN FRAN and LA before the tour starts then after the tour i'll be in NYC for 5 days! My friend will be joining me but you can never know too many people. :)

anyone else going on this tour?

• 19 May 2013 Sarah said

Default_avatar

Heyyy!
    I think me and my friend are going on this tour, but do you mean the one that leaves on the 9th of jan, i don’t think there is one that leaves on the 10th? or am i just really confused haha…

• 19 May 2013 theshannono said

theshannono

Lol yes sorry Sarah I did mean the 9th! I didn’t have the paper work with me when I wrote this so now I look stupid haha but yay how exciting. Are you just doing the grand southern?

• 19 May 2013 Sarah said

Default_avatar

haha all good! We are leaving sydney on the 29th, go straight to vegas, and are doing the las vegas new years mini tour thing, then flying to san fran, then driving to LA and also have a week in new york after, so pretty similar to you! we should meet up before the tour if your around in the same place at the same time!

• 19 May 2013 theshannono said

theshannono

Las Vegas New years that would be awesome! :) I’m so excited already lol I’ve been wanting to go to the US for years. Yeah defiantly I’m keen we should if we are near each. Is this your first Contiki?

• 19 May 2013 Sarah said

Default_avatar

yeah it should be good i hope :) same here! Nah, i went on the european whirl in 2010, what about you?

• 19 May 2013 Chelsea G said

Chelsea G

Hey, I’ll be in LA from either the 5th or the 7th of January before I do The Best of USA from the 13th, so if your after a friendly face, I’ll be happy to catch up whilst over there :)

• 20 May 2013 theshannono said

theshannono

Sarah – This is my first contiki…first time outside of Australia so a bit nervous :/ but then the excitement takes over lol. I heard from my friend today and she doesn’t know if she is coming yet so it may just be me :(.

Chelsea – That sounds awesome im down. My travel agent has got me going to universal studios and some other tours but we can def catch up and get lost together! haha

• 20 May 2013 Sarah said

Default_avatar

I know its a bit scary but on the european whirl i went on there were heaps of people going solo! Everyone was great friends after about 2 hours anyway, so it doesnt really matter if your with someone or not i reckon, you’ll still have an awesome time!
    And chelsea that sounds great too!

• 21 May 2013 theshannono said

theshannono

Haha I hope so i’m sure I wont be the only one to go by myself! I’m so looking forward to it. I hope when im in new york its snowing ive never seen it before so that will be even more exciting :)

• 28 May 2013 Sarah said

Default_avatar

Snow in New York would be pretty awesome, i definitely need to get some warmer clothes between now and then, its going to be so cold! Hopefully the next 7 months goes super fast, im so excited!!

• 4 Jun 2013 Bronte said

Bronte

Hey guys I’m doing vegas new year and the grand southern on the 9th! Im going solo as well :)

• 4 Jun 2013 theshannono said

theshannono

Oh my gosh me too or ill be freezing my butt lol I love winter so I guess we are having two haha :) im super excited as well such an amazing feeling when to you’ve wanted to do it for sooo long and you finally just take the chance and book it.
    YAY Hi Bronte! Looking forward to having adventures with you too ;). Is this your first contiki? :)

• 5 Jun 2013 Bronte said

Bronte

I have done 2 Contikis before in Europe and Thailand, and this will be my 4th time in America but still so exited as I’ve never been to Vegas or the southern states!

• 5 Jun 2013 Sarah said

Default_avatar

Yay another person! looks like your doing the exact same thing as my friend and i Bronte! What are you planing on doing between the vegas new years and the grand southern?

• 5 Jun 2013 Bronte said

Bronte

I have no plans for in between yet! I have no plans for afterwards either! Will you all be going straight home after the grand southern?

• 5 Jun 2013 Sarah said

Default_avatar

we are staying in new york for a week after, and san francisco and LA in between, your welcome to join on either if your looking for something to do! Have you booked your flights yet? Where abouts are you from?

• 5 Jun 2013 theshannono said

theshannono

Four times lucky! Ill def be back some other time to do the north states hopefully. Im staying in new york for 5 days then going home. I don’t know if I mentioned it but my friend pulled out so ill be going solo too! :)

• 5 Jun 2013 Sarah said

Default_avatar

have you decided where your going to stay in New York yet? We have been looking at accommodation but cant decide where is best to stay..

• 5 Jun 2013 Bronte said

Bronte

Awesome thanks, what are thinking of doing in san fran and LA while youre there??
    I havent booked flights yet have you guys? I live in Bolwarra which is about 2 hours north of sydney so ill be going from sydney airport in about mid december and spending some time in Lake Tahoe, san fran and LA until the mini vegas tour. Im planning on staying for a few weeks after the tour ends but Ive spent a fair bit of time in NY and although i LOVED it i think i wanna go somewhere different….maybe banff in canada im not sure yet!! I really want to go to disneyland or universal studios at some point too! haha

• 5 Jun 2013 theshannono said

theshannono

Yeah ive booked my flights. In new york im staying at the contiki hotel for an extra 2 nights and then staying in time square for the rest. In san fran ive booked a hop on hope off bus and doing the tour of alcatrez. And while in LA im going to universal studios and the hop on hop off bus aswellll as like a tour where you see celebrity homes and such so lots planned! Disney land would be cool dont we go to disney world in cali?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.