Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Summer Dress Code in Europe

1 Jun 2010 Explorer1128723 said

Default_avatar
Hey guys,

I am doing the European Adventurer on the 10 August - 16 Septemeber so it will be the hight of summer in Europe but the temperatures don't seem to be that hot in the Northern European countries.

What kind of clothes should i pack? I am thinking it is going to be hot in the southern european area but places like germany and paris (at this time of year) would you still be wearing pants? or just more like shorts and a cardi??

Thanks
  • 1 Jun 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

It’ll probably be pretty warm for 80% of your trip. But the last few days may be a little cooler. I would bring 1 or 2 pairs of pants. I always think you should bring a jumper/sweatshirt as it can get cool at night no matter where you are.

• 1 Jun 2010 Britters. said

Default_avatar

I went end of august it was soo hot!! I packed jeans and only worer them once lol just bring some leggings dresses and cardis but its good weather in the summer Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 7 Jun 2010 gotta_think said

gotta_think

Hi Britters! how bout around October 8? Any idea what’s the weather like on that month? I’ts my first time to travel to europe and i can’t wait!

• 7 Jun 2010 Explorer1135263 said

Default_avatar

Is it true you cant wear singlets much on the contiki tours?? Im from australia and obviously we wear singlets alot, so just wondering if i should only pack a couple of singlets and more t shirts?

• 7 Jun 2010 James K said

James K

Good question, Most of my luggage is packed with singlets lol

• 10 Jun 2010 Explorer1167996 said

Default_avatar

remember if you are going to the vatican your shoulders and knees must be covered though, so maybe not all shorts!

• 12 Jun 2010 Pirate Tara said

Default_avatar

Just try to bring clothes that can fit different types of weather—not all shorts, not all pants, etc. I did Amsterdam to Barcelona and the first two-thirds of the trip (basically until we got to Nice) it rarely topped 70 degrees during the day…and it was mid-July! My jeans and jacket were my best friends in Amsterdam, Paris and Switzerland. I had packed one pair of shorts, one jean skirt, one sundress and a couple pairs of jeans and t-shirts…and again, the aforementioned jacket.

• 13 Jun 2010 Niksta said

Niksta

hey guys
    i did europe in june/july last year and i got pretty warm.
    i pretty much took one of everything plus a few t-shirts and it covered me for most things. I washed stuff every 2 nights and just bought anything i found i needed (i think i bought an extra pair shorts)
    1 jeans, 1 shorts, 1 skirt/dress, 1 jumper and like 5 tshirts.
    singlets are fine (except most religous places like the vatican and churches) but i personally took tshirts because i wanted to reduce my risk of sunburn. but that was a personal preference.
    hope this helps.
    good luck

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.