Community_discussions_small  

Question

US & Canada Tours

20 May 2013 timmyg13 asked

timmyg13

Hi All,

I'm in the process of planning my next Contiki trip and i'm definately going to do the US & Canada however I'm a bit stuck as to which tours to do. I have a few questions.

Canada & the Rockies: What are peoples thoughts on this tour would you recommend the 11 day tour or the 13 day one with the Calgary Stampede. If you have been the stampede would you go again.

Waikiki Explorer: As a solo traveller is there much to see and do in Hawaii. I mainly want to go there to visit Pearl Harbour etc. Could you see everything in 3 days or would you much prefer to spread it out over the 5 days.

Now for the tough one. I'm looking at travelling in May/June next year however i'm torn between the Grand Southern & the Grand Northern. Which tour would be best suited to that time of the year.

Thanks.

• 21 May 2013 Kaila S said

Kaila S

I did Canada and the Rockies tour with Calgary Stampede in 2011 and it was awesome! It was a huge group of people, 50 I think and it was well worth it. Beautiful sights, awesome activities and getting to hang out with a bunch of really cool people. Definitely would recommend :)

• 26 May 2013 timmyg13 said

timmyg13

Thanks Kaila, I’m leaning towards to Calgary Stampede option.

• 27 May 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

ya, if you’re going to come to Canada, I would definitely pick the Stampede option if it’s possible

• 29 May 2013 timmyg13 said

timmyg13

thanks.

What is the weather like around may/june is it better to go north or south at that time of the year.

• 29 May 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

That’s our summer time in Canada. So it should be hot anywhere in the country

• 2 Jun 2013 dananicole00 said

dananicole00

I live in Calgary and would recommend coming to the Stampede. It’s a lot of fun and definitely something to experience

• 2 Jun 2013 timmyg13 said

timmyg13

RJ1817 when you say its hot every where what do you class as hot.

dananicole00 thanks for that I’m definately leaning towards doing the Stampede.

• 2 Jun 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

high 20s, low 30s

dananicole00

timmyg13 no problem. Message me if you want any info on things to do in Calgary especially during the Stampede!

As for weather, I’m not sure about the rest of Canada but Calgary is extremely inconsistent. On average during April to May is normally 15-20 degrees, and a bit rainy..right now it is 8 degrees and has been about that all week as it has been pouring. But once the rainy season ends it normally is high 20- low 30s as RJ1817 said. However, the weather changes so quickly in Calgary. There have been times during the summer where we will get a snow storm pass through for a few hours and then later on it is blazing hot. You can never be too sure with the weather in Calgary haha. For the most part though it is nice and warm :)

• 2 Jun 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

Exactly. I was jut saying what it should be and usually is at that time of the year in Canada. But of course there are exceptions when it comes to the weather!

There was someone from my Contiki tour from Calgary (and Edmonton too) so I’m hoping one day I can head out West too. Lets just hope the weather is good!

dananicole00

You should definitely come out west! I need to go out east too, farthest I’ve been in Saskatchewan, and I’d like to see a little more than that next time.. haha.

• 2 Jun 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

Ya, I’ll definitely make it out there one day. Hopefully during hockey season too!

Eastern Canada has a lot to offer!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.