Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone travelling that's over 29 years old?

4 May 2008 vivaranda asked

vivaranda
Hi! I would like to go on a trip this summer...haven't decided yet. However, my only concern is that I may be the oldest person going! I am a 29 yo female, and was wondering if there will be any girls or boys that will be close to my age? Please tell me your experiences.
Thanks... and enjoy your vacations!!!!
  • 4 May 2008 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

I met one Contiki-er from another tour who was a 31 yr old female.

• 4 May 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

Dont worry about age its all attitude. I was 35 when iwent. Do a search there are tons of posts with this similar question. Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 4 May 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

There’s definitely travellers that are 29+, whether or not they will be on your tour is a whole ‘nother ball game!

Either way though, age is a frame of mind, if you’re happy to mix and mingle with all sorts you’ll have no problem on Contiki. There will always be the few people you don’t like but, odds are, you will a fair few that you do like and can hang around with.

If you’re leaning more towards ‘adult conversation’ and slightly easier days/nights, then try looking at Trafalgar Tours – I did two of them last year (at 27) and enjoyed them very much.

• 5 May 2008 Rozzy said

Rozzy

Im goin to be 29 when I go on my first Contiki trip this year. Im goin on the 32 Day Camping Trip leaving on 1st July. My age does not phase me at all. Im not even thinkin about how old I am. We are there to have the time of our lives and see the world and enjoy other peoples friendships and company. Thats my theory anyway =D

• 5 May 2008 NCStateAlum said

Default_avatar

We had a few people over 29 on our trip. Seems like the superior tours have a slightly older crowd. Tour length would probably affect the types of people who go.

On mine we had a lot of working individuals who couldn’t take 3-4 weeks at once. (tour was 10 days).

I would think the group is large enough you’ll find someone to click with.

• 5 May 2008 KimmerCanada said

Default_avatar

I’m 30, and I’ll be taking my first Contiki trip this fall as well – it’s a Superior trip so the people might be a little older, but hey -it’s about the experience!

• 5 May 2008 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

Hi
    I did my first contiki at 26, 2nd at 29, 3rd at 31 and about to my 4th and 5th at age 33! Age has never been an issue for me. If I want to party some nights I do. If I want to chill out in my room with freinds and have a few drinks I do! You will find a good mix of ages on these tours no matter where you go. Don’t let age stop you cuz remember 2 of the best things in life get better with age-wine and cheese!Live it up!

Cheers
    Lisa

• 5 May 2008 vivaranda said

vivaranda

Thanks for all the replies…I am super psyched! Now I just have to figure out which holiday to choose!!! Yayyy Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 May 2008 Corrinna said

Default_avatar

I am doing my first contiki trip this sept,the European Escapade. I am 29!

• 6 May 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

I turned 30 on my third tour, did another tour after and hope to do at least one more before I turn 35. I found a nice mix of people’s ages but found that age is just a number.

• 7 May 2008 Campbell said

Campbell

Hi
    I’m going on my first trip, the European Horizon, on July 14. I am 33. The age thing doesnt worry me at all. In fact i’m sure there will be a few others too. Contiki would’nt have the “cut off” age at 35 if only 18-23’s went on the trip. I’m really excited!

• 7 May 2008 The Mighty "O" said

The Mighty "O"

I am doing my first contiki trip as well this fall, European Magic from Sept. 26th to Oct. 7th and I will be 32 at the time. I’m not worried about age. I plan on having fun regardless and I think you will have a blast as well.

• 8 May 2008 Agitator said

Default_avatar

I’m doing European Highlights next month and I’m 34.

• 8 May 2008 The Addo's said

The Addo's

Hey
    My husband & I are going on a contiki this summer Aug 19th Ultimate European. I will be 27 & my husband will be 29….can’t wait.

• 18 May 2008 Yari416 said

Yari416

Im going on the July 5th 2008 tour and I’m 28. I’m going with my friend who is 24 and my 18 year old cousin. Age definitely does not matter it’s all about having fun! Besides who ever said being in your late 20’s was old? We just started life! LOL

• 22 May 2008 Traveller00 said

Default_avatar

If you’re really concerned about age and you prefer to be around people closer to your own age group then wait and take the tours in the fall/winter as the majority of travellers will be non students and in their late 20’s to early 30’s.

• 26 May 2008 lady_o said

lady_o

going on my first contiki tour at age 32. A very young 32, but somehow these posts are making me feel OLD! sheesh! =)

• 27 May 2008 Shane Penney said

Shane Penney

My wife and I are going on the European Whirl beginning August 11th. I’ll be 32 and she will be 33. It will be a mixed bag, but I’m sure there will be others within your age group.

• 27 May 2008 hdawn1114 said

hdawn1114

Hi,
    I’m 33 and going on the Greek Island Hopping tour June 15th. I think there is usually a mix of ages but I’m not to concerned about the age difference. We’re all there to have fun right?

• 29 May 2008 lindenfan1 said

Default_avatar

I just got back from a European Whirl and I turned 31 on the trip – so did another girl… we were the oldest – but age is all in your mind. I had a blast!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion