Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Oktoberfest 5 day 2011

1 Jan 2011 Winnie said

Winnie
Smiler Hi All, i am new to contiki and i have just booked my 1st trip. I was wondering if anybody was going? or if anybody has been before and would like to share their experience?
  • 9 Jan 2011 katygirl said

Default_avatar

what date r u going my friend and i travel on the 27th

• 10 Jan 2011 Winnie said

Winnie

Hey, my trip starts on the 22nd September for 5 days so i might miss you but thanks for the reply Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 Jan 2011 nursekaff said

nursekaff

Hi katygirl,
    Im on the same tour as you… apparently it is an 18 hour drive to munich from london so take a good book with you to read cos we are on the bus for a long time :S cant wait for this tour… gonna be so much fun.. im going on this tour by myself

• 10 Jan 2011 Lish88 said

Lish88

hey there im leaving on the 22nd trip aswell but meeting the tour in munich so thankfully miss the first bus trip lol
    are you by yaself i kind of will be but know a few people from around going. Sure to meet many at the campsite anyway : )

• 11 Jan 2011 Winnie said

Winnie

Hi Alisha, yeah i am travelling by myself, kinda nervous as its my first contiki tour. Hope to met up when i get to Munich as i am traveling from London Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Jan 2011 Lish88 said

Lish88

hey Explorer1225064 my full names alisha machen if you want to add me on facebook and i can introduce you to a couple of people i know also coming on this oktoberfest and will be leaving from london if that helps : )

• 13 Feb 2011 katygirl said

Default_avatar

nursekaff im going with my best mate on this tour i cant wait when do u arrive in london maybe u can have a beer with us the night before

• 17 Feb 2011 CRChiasson said

Default_avatar

Hi All…am just about to book this trip…heading out solo so hope to meet lots of people! Anyone know what time the bus leaves London?? Need to figure out what time I have to be in town so I don’t miss it!

• 17 Feb 2011 Lish88 said

Lish88

Hi CRChiasson how many days are you going for, what’s your departure date?
    i think the bus leaves really early also coz it’s a long trip lol

• 18 Feb 2011 nursekaff said

nursekaff

Hi katygirl,
    Im back in london on the 25th sept and yeh i would love to catch up for a drink the night before we leave it will be nice to know some people before we start the tour.

• 18 Feb 2011 CRChiasson said

Default_avatar

I’m looking to do the 5 day leaving the 22nd. I’m flying over from Canada, so am just trying to co-ordinate my flight with when the bus leaves and all that.

• 19 Feb 2011 nursekaff said

nursekaff

im pretty sure the bus leaves at 6am so you might wanna come over the night before

• 19 Feb 2011 Lish88 said

Lish88

Ok yeah I’m doing the 22nd Sept one also : ) and yep pretty sure it leaves super early so probably best to get there the night before, I’ll already be in Munich so I get to miss one leg of the awful bus ride haha
    At least we know a couple people going now : )

• 6 Mar 2011 Cal87 said

Default_avatar

hey in also doing the 5 day oktoberfest tour leaving the 22/9. im travelling solo too so pretty nervous but cant wait. im also doing the european vista tour starting 27/8

• 8 Mar 2011 Winnie said

Winnie

Hi Cal87, where you travelling from? Maybe we could met before the trip or will you already be in Munich? I am travelling from London :)

• 8 Mar 2011 Cal87 said

Default_avatar

Hey I’ll be leaving from London too. I have a 6 day break between tours in London with no plans so could definitely catch up before hand

• 10 Mar 2011 CRChiasson said

Default_avatar

I’ll be solo in London the day before we leave too…we should definitely all plan to meet up. Are you guys staying at the Royal National?

• 10 Mar 2011 Winnie said

Winnie

Hi Ciana, Yes we should all met up. I live in the UK so i am hoping to stay overnight in a hotel but not booked it yet. Is the Royal National nice??? If you want to add me on facebook so we can get it arranged my full name is Winnie Crockett :)

• 10 Mar 2011 Cal87 said

Default_avatar

Yeah I should be staying at the Royal National, I had no complaints about the place last time I stayed, and dont forget your going to be sleeping on a bus for one night and in a tent for 3 lol
    Where abouts in the UK do you live Winnie?

• 11 Mar 2011 Winnie said

Winnie

Thanks Callan, i live in Berkshire. Wbu? Do you live in the UK?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion