Community_discussions_small  

Question

Day Trip to Salzburg?

24 Jul 2008 Dancer asked

Default_avatar
Has anyone done a day trip from the Austrian Tyrol (Hopfgarten) to Salzburg instead of the optional extras? Our tour (European Adventurer) doesn't go through Salzburg, but I notice they are not far from each other, and assume there will be a train nearby we can catch?

Any advice would be geatly appreciated Smiler
  • 5 Mar 2012 Timanda17 said

Default_avatar

Hi, just wanted to know if you ended up doing this day trip? I’m going in july and am planning my day trip to Salzburg.. Did you purchase your tickets prior to your tour?

• 9 Mar 2012 cdm115 said

cdm115

Depending on where you stay in Hopfgarten you may not be anywhere near a train. When i was there we sayed in the mountains near hopfgarten in a town called Itter, your best would have been riding a cow to the train station. Beautiful spot in the mountains.

• 10 Mar 2012 Timanda17 said

Default_avatar

I’m doing a timeout tour so should be staying at the pension Lukas KG which is close to Hopfgarten Berglift. So hopefully should be fine. I can purchase the return ticket from aus but have to buy the ongoing train locally..fingers crossed! Looking at purchasing our Sound of Music tour soon :)

• 14 Mar 2012 larissa84 said

Default_avatar

I went on a day trip to Salzburg from Tyrol region (Kirchdorf) (I wasn’t on Contiki I was with Topdeck).
    We had to get 2 buses to get to Salzburg and each way was a couple of hours. Would have loved to have done the Sound of Music tour but I think it only runs twice a day and we had to be back for dinner. Instead we jumped on the Hop on Hop off bus which was worth it. We managed to see a few locations where it was filmed. Overall a nice day.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.