Community_discussions_small  

Comment

has anyone flown on Alitalia

24 Jul 2007 rachelle said

Default_avatar
I ve heard some negitive comments about them and im signed up to fly on the airlines so im really scared. has anyone flown on alitalia before???? did you like it or not???? thanks
  • 25 Jul 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

I had a horrible experience with Alitalia flying between Rome and Toronto.

Their name is said to stand for “Always late in takeoff, always late in arrival.” For me it was true: Late, overbooked flights on dirty planes with indifferent staff and malfunctioning audiovisual equipment, and some striking staff thrown in for good measure. Their checkin system is supposedly really outdated so you should arrive very early for flights.

Because of the way the Lira was converted to Euros, Alitalia staff are consistently underpaid, so they often have strikes. Try searching for info about them on this board and you’ll find all kinds of warnings to stay away.

• 25 Jul 2007 canada-man123 said

Default_avatar

I flew with Alitalia For may 2007 from toronto to spain and from greece to toronto. They lost my luggage when i arrived in spain. We were late on one flight due to the grounds crew didnt show up for work etc.
    Dont fly alitalia

• 25 Jul 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

I flew with them NY to Cairo via Milan and all my flights were fine. I thought the entertainment system was one of the betters ones I’ve encountered. The food was ok, half the meals were good, the other half wasn’t so hot. They didn’t have a fancy little pack of stuff when you got on like they have on BA or Virgin Atlantic, but overall the service was good and one of my flights even got in early!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion