Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Swiss Spending $$ How much for 2 days

20 Aug 2010 Explorer1103115 said

Explorer1103115
Hi

I'm about to go on contrasts tour and was wondering how much swiss spending money I would need for the 2 days we are in Switerland??

Have heard it's expensive there and I won't be able to take $$ out from ATM so need to have enough cash to take with me.

Any advice on how much we need would be great

Thanks Wink
  • 20 Aug 2010 katiekat said

Default_avatar

A lot of people on my tour didn’t bother getting Swiss Francs and just used Euros… shops don’t give you a great exchange rate but it does avoid the hassle of trying to figure out how much you’ll need for such a short amount of time. Or you can just use your credit card, you might get a better exchange rate on that…? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Aug 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au

How come you can’t take money from the ATM’s there? Is that a restriction with your card or a generic thing I was just planning on getting cash out when I was there :S

• 21 Aug 2010 Explorer1103115 said

Explorer1103115

Thanks for advice Katiekat. I wasn’t sure if we could use euros there!

Riverstar33 – Yes is due to restriction with my bank so it won’t work.

I’ll just use euros then. Any idea on how many euros we would need? I was planing on $100 euros a day would that be enough?

• 22 Aug 2010 Shava said

Shava

In most places in Switzerland you can pay in Euros, but they’ll only take Euro banknotes and not coins, and the change you’ll get will be in Swiss Francs.
    I think 100 Euros a day will be ok, depending on what you plan to do.

• 24 Aug 2010 Ruthie said

Ruthie

we used the atm in switzerland. its easy to exchange money back to euros if you take too much out – anyone will take SFs.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion