Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.

London to Athens with GIH - 28th May 2010

1 Nov 2009 Aussie86 said

Me and a mate are doing this tour departing London on the 28th. Our tour finishes in Ios on the 29th June but we are going to stay there for a while then head back to Corfu to stay at the Pink Palace!<BR><BR>Anyone else thinking of travelling around these times?<BR><BR>Angus 23 Canberra, Aus.
  • Read the responses 145 responses so far
  • 8 Mar 2010 shaunkiwi said

hey aussie86 im living in aussie so got ur aussie doller so all good on that, yea i was thinkn the same kinda budget im down with the sober nights on one hand who needs to member things wen you have a camera lol should be good times….
    gettn close now cant wait

• 11 Mar 2010 Explorer1165664 said

Just think of all the horribly embarrassing drunken photos that will end up on facebook and stuff after this trip! Its almost PAR-TY time Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Mar 2010 Stacey88 said

what trips have you done before adam?

luckily you can make it so only certain people can see you photos… will come in very handy im sure :P

• 13 Mar 2010 Tegan said

So thats the reason I have never seen my friends drunken contiki moments interesting….

• 13 Mar 2010 Explorer1170322 said

haha theres so many ppl replying i cant keep up with everyone! but im keen to meet up with anyone and everyone in London before the trip! i think ill be there before everyone else by the sounds of it. dont think im going to do the greek island hopper but im keen to stay on around the greek islands and croatia and make my own way back to London. im going to be on a super tight budget because i’ll need mula to live on afterwards not going home for awhile, but dont worry im great at partying on the cheap from aus but flying into London from LA. its easier for me to check my email/facebook than this @ the moment so everyone feel free to msg me id love to hear all ur plans.

• 18 Mar 2010 Ree ♥ said

Hi Everyone!
    I signed up for the trip with LexieS and I’m so excited!!! I’m counting down the days and can’t wait to meet you all!

• 18 Mar 2010 KristaNicole said

hey everyone!! happy I found this forum! My friend and I are on this tour but we didn’t extend it with Greek island hopping although I wish we did! I’m so excited for this trip can’t wait to meet everyone! We’re gonna have a great time =)

• 18 Mar 2010 KristaNicole said

Wow, I just read back a few pages of the posts and just got real excited! I’m down for this bus tour people are talking about we are going to be there a day or two early too.

Also, I’m considering extending the stay in greece, don’t think we’ll be about to spring the full 14 day tour but who is sticking around for a little bit? Saw someone mention they are staying a few extra nights on one of the islands? I’m interested in hearing everyones travel plans.

This is my first time over-seas, I’ve never traveled before so all you vet’s can really help me out!

Look forward to hearing from you all! My email is and you can look me up on facebook Krista Morales (New York).

• 19 Mar 2010 Explorer1161110 said

I’m doing the London to Athens leaving the 28th! But not Greek Island Hopping… Wish I was Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> I’m going to Turkey instead though!
    It’s getting so close! Can’t wait to meet everyone!

• 21 Mar 2010 Stacey88 said

wow lots of new people again Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

cant wait to meet everyone!

• 22 Mar 2010 shaunkiwi said

yea i agree looks like we going to have a fun group of people 8weeks to go woop woop

• 5 Apr 2010 TravelMay said

Does everyone realize how close we are to our trip?!?!?! It is going to be here before we know it. I can barely wait! : ) How are everyone’s preparations coming along? I finally got a suitcase and all my flights figured out.

Also, does anyone know when we should expect our travel info from Contiki?

• 7 Apr 2010 Aussie86 said

I’ve had everything booked for ages. Just been counting down the days and now there’s only 48 to go!!! Yeah!!!

I’m pretty sure we don’t get our travel docs until the last couple of weeks (not 100% on that).

We can all say that we go NEXT MONTH!!!

• 8 Apr 2010 Stacey88 said

same here aussie, i booked back in late november i think… the countdown was so big back then lol

ahhh next month makes it sound super close Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 11 Apr 2010 Explorer1176861 said

Hi Everyone! My name is Katrina. I am from Vancouver,Canada. Trips coming up soon!! YAY
    I am looking forward to meeting all of you!

• 14 Apr 2010 Aussie86 said

41 DAYS!! Woop Woop!!

I think our tour must be about half full just with the people on here!

Adz, your liver hasn’t been happy for about 15 years!

• 27 Apr 2010 Stacey88 said

according to the site, our tour is full!!
    annnnnd a month to go!

• 28 Apr 2010 TravelMay said

That is awesome that our trip is full. I wonder how many people that includes. So Exciting!!

So, I know some of you are already getting ready to head out and start traveling so I wanted to plan our Hop On/Off Bus Tour for May 27th.

Do we want to plan to meet in the Royal Nationals lobby that morning? What time do we all want to meet up?

Can’t wait. Less than a month to go!!

• 2 May 2010 Aussie86 said

Just got our travel docs!!!

Woop Woop!

Anyone going to Europe THIS MONTH?!!!

• 3 May 2010 Stacey88 said

Ive got my travel docs too! I was so excited to go pick them up

is anyone bringing a laptop? I have one of those small ones and after my last overseas holiday when all my photos decided to delete off my camera on the last day I think im going to take it so i can transfer my photos over just in case.

I figure I only paid $180 for it cos I got it from my work so it it get stolen its not really a huge loss lol

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions