Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Winter Departure- Rome to Madrid: Oct 20th - Nov 1st

15 Apr 2008 work2travel said

work2travel
Anyone out there booked yet, or thinking about it? Should be a great tour. Can't wait!
Smiler
  • 20 Jun 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

Guess I’m the only one who was so keen to book when the tour isn’t even posted on the site yet!
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Aug 2008 Ray said

Ray

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone going on this trip!! Can’t wait!!

• 11 Aug 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

Well so far, the “everyone” is you & me Ray! (At least as far as this board is concerned.)

Nice to see we’re not alone on tour. Feel free to write back, or add me if you have facebook:
    Ivan Natravel.

Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

I am sooooo excited about this tour, but have been paranoid it will be cancelled since it didn’t seem anyone else was booking. (And the dates are still not even showing on the website, at least the Canadian one!)

• 28 Aug 2008 HeatherM said

Default_avatar

I would like to book….but I do not see these dates listed on the website….Which tour is it? These dates would be perfect for me. Maybe I am looking at the wrong tour link for Rome/Madrid?

• 28 Aug 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

Hey HeatherM.

You’re right about the dates not being on the website. NO clue why it’s not, but if you want to book you have to call Contiki directly.

This used to be called Mediterranean Highlights Reverse, but now it’s just named after where it starts. This particular tour is called Mediterranean Highlights (Winter Start Rome).

Hope that helps. Let me know if you end up booking and feel free to add me to facebook.

Good luck.
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 30 Aug 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

I just found out from Contiki that this departure is now Guaranteed!
    Woo hoo!
    Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 3 Sep 2008 Ray said

Ray

Hi Ivan and Everyone else on this trip!! We have a little more than a month to go, I can’t wait!!!

Ivan I will add you on my facebook, but incase I don’t get to it anytime soon you can add me as well, just search on Raven Wright.

• 3 Sep 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

Cool- I was wondering who Raven was… Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

So you’re booked then? FAB. I think it’s going to be an amazing tour. Look at our stops- how could it not be?!

Chat soon on fb.

• 4 Sep 2008 Ray said

Ray

Yep I’m booked and ready to go. I’m going with a friend of mines, she’s really cool, this will be out first trip to Europe!! Its going to be so wonderful, I can hardly wait.

• 23 Sep 2008 stephie0125 said

Default_avatar

Hi my name is Stephanie and my best friend and I are booked on this trip. Look forward to meeting and vacationing with you guys! We both have never been to Europe and we’re excited to go!!!

• 23 Sep 2008 EuroTrip!! said

Default_avatar

Hi Im Stephanie’s Best friend! We are so excited for this trip. We booked in May so we have been waiting for a LOOOOOOOONG time!!! Can’t wait to meet you all!

• 23 Sep 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

Well hello Stephanie & Stephanie’s Best Friend! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

So nice to see some others- Ray & I were beginning to think we were the ony ones going, lol.

Feel free to add me to fb if you have it. (I’ve posted the name up in another post.) I’ll try to answer, but I’m leaving for Europe next Tuesday. Looking forward to meeting you all too. Can’t wait!!

• 23 Sep 2008 Lori said

Default_avatar

Hi. I just came across this site today. I am also booked on the tour –- less than one month!! Looking forward to meeting everyone Smiler<!-graemlin::)—>

• 24 Sep 2008 stephie0125 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone! I am also on facebook, you can search for me: Stephanie Alejo

I just added Ray and Ivan! Also Blanca and I are thinking of doing the extra excursions, are any of you? This is our first time on this tour and to Europe and any tips would be greatly appreciated.

This is our plan so far:
    Guided Imperial Tour
    Night Club in Florence
    Tablo De Carmen in Barcelona
    Tour of the Valley of Fallen in Madrid

• 24 Sep 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

Nice to hear from you Lori. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Hey Stephanie. I got your fb request. Thx.
    As for the Optional Excursions, I’m planning to do:
    Guided Imperial Tour
    Rome Dinner- since it’s a good chance to get to know everyone initially
    I’ve heard the Space Disco in Florence is pretty cheesy, but will probably go just for the experience.
    Monaco Restaurant

I did a flamenco dinner/show in Seville so probably won’t go to the one in Barecelona, but it is totally worth going if you have never seen it before.

Valley of the Fallen is amazing as well. (I did it on my last tour and it was a great experience.) The only downfall is depending on traffic- it is a ways out of the city- it can take up a lot of time. We got stuck in a mega traffic jam and pretty much lost the entire afternoon.

As I’ve already told Ray, since I’ve been to Madrid before I am planning to spend the day shopping when the group will likely be touring the Royal Palace. (Also very cool.) If you like art at all, Madrid has completely amazing museums and galleries, like the Prado, Reina Sofia, and my personal fave: the Thyssen-Bornemisza. You could practically spend a day at each, but I easily did them each in a half day.

I can’t wait to see some new places and re-visit an old favorite!
    Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 30 Sep 2008 Ray said

Ray

Hi Everyone,
    I’m so excited to meet you all, only 19 more days to go!! Are you all packed…LOL…I am!!!
    If you want you all can add me as a friend of facebook, I try to log on at least 2x a week, just search Raven Wright. I have no idea what tours I’m planning on going on, I’m a last minute kind of girl, but I can tell you one thing…I will be getting my shop on. LOL…Ray doesn’t waste a chance for some good shopping so any tours that are out of the way I most likely won’t be on. I do want to go to a spa when we get to France so let me know if any of you are interested…we can make it happen.

Hi world2travel…it’s official, we are not the only ones on this tour…WooHoo!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.