Community_discussions_small  

Comment

day bag sugestions please..

30 Dec 2010 Brooke2010 said

Brooke2010
hi everyone Smiler

i am trying to decide wat kind of bag for the day to buy? like just a casual one below..

or a pacsafe citysafe 200 see below...

please let me know what one would be best?
  • 30 Dec 2010 Ren said

Ren

I am goig to get the pacsafe “metrosafe” 200. It has a slot for a drink bottle and umbrella.

Have a look under perks as there is a website you get 10% of and they sell pacsafe!

• 31 Dec 2010 kristy said

kristy

im taking a nice looking but plain handbag like the first picture but with a longer strap so i can carry it over my chest.
    theres nothing more that screams tourist like a backpack. but il be taking one of them too and just keeping it on the but for hiking days and keeping everything in there and just the basics in my handbag.
    ooh and the French and Italian ppl are very stylish so i dont want to look out of place Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

thats what im doing and im going in may for 5 months

• 31 Dec 2010 m0lly said

Default_avatar

I think there are two things that are a must for a day/handbag which is a zip and a long strap.

The first handbag would be so easy for someone to grab and run off with.. a longer strap like the pacsafe one is better so that it goes around your body rather than just on one shoulder.

You don’t have to get a not very attractive pacsafe one.. there are plenty of purses out there with longer straps that are a bit more stylish.

• 31 Dec 2010 Emma B said

Emma B

i bought a small bag that wrapped around my shoulder. it was the perfect size – i had enough space to put anything i bought, my camera my money/passport (which i put in a seperate zip up wallet)

• 1 Jan 2011 Mel the aussie said

Mel the aussie

i was adiment on taking a back pack but after 2 days of carrying it around in London i didnt think i could do it on tour too. i bought a small shoulder bag from harrods. it was big enough for my wallet, camera, phone, passport and sunglasses and all the little bits a pieces ur given along the way. it was really great coz i could keep it infront of me n lay my arm across it. so easy and convinient.

• 2 Jan 2011 Explorer1197020 said

Default_avatar

hi i just got back from doing the winter wanderer. i took a bag with a strap that went over my chest, it was probs just smaller than an A4 piece of paper. a little bit bigger could have been okay too for when you buy stuff. it was black with a zip then i just had this clasp thing that i hooked from my zip to the strap for extra safety. i always carried my bag in front of me and nooone on the trip had any problems. just watch the gypsys as i had one run into me but had nothing in my pockets and my bag was done up. i could also take this bag out at night. you want something you can use for everything then also when you get home. on our trip noone had any problems but just be mindful of your belongings on public transport and walking around like i never had my bag behind me where someone could have the chance to take something or slash it. hope that helped. small bags that you carry on your arm could be heavy and give you problems and you want to keep your hands free. hope that helped

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion