Community_discussions_small  

Question

Europe in July 2013

27 May 2013 dolvio asked

dolvio

30 year old Canadian guy here... Looking to see if anyone has or is planning to book a Euro trip in July...? Anyone?

• 27 May 2013 kaitlin said

kaitlin

iv booked the Mediterranean Trail plus 3 day Greek Island Cruise for july

• 27 May 2013 dolvio said

dolvio

That sounds wicked… have you done contiki before?

• 27 May 2013 kaitlin said

kaitlin

No I haven’t, first time! And going solo

dolvio

dolvio

I have never gone alone to something… I am also 30 and I have heard the groups can be a lot younger with a ton of alcohol infused partying with people hooking up. I love partying but not like I did in high school or at 19…

• 29 May 2013 With84 said

With84

I’ve heard the same thing. I’m 28 and have also died down on the partying. I am thinking of doing either a European vaca or Australian. Haven’t decided yet.

• 29 May 2013 dolvio said

dolvio

I am a bit torn… It’s a long haul if you get a crappy group or a bunch of 20 year olds… lol

• 29 May 2013 With84 said

With84

I know right! Which European trip were you thinking? I was planning either Italian espresso or Mediterranean highlight because I really wanted to go to Spain to brush up on my Spanish skills.

• 29 May 2013 dolvio said

dolvio

Likely something in Spain or Latin America. I had actually planned to a trip to London, Barcelona, Madrid and Ibiza and it would have been about 8 grand for 3 weeks. I backed out. I am reluctant to book a 2 or 3 week contiki and perhaps get there and not enjoy it. Definitely have to take the plunge but I do worry about all the young kids that can be on the trip…

• 30 May 2013 With84 said

With84

Yeah. I was considering doing TopDeck too. May go to Australia this winter.

• 30 May 2013 With84 said

With84

They have a few young people on that one too.

• 30 May 2013 dolvio said

dolvio

email me at kevins.weider@gmail.com and say hello.

A.

• 30 May 2013 Forte said

Forte

G’day everyone, I am coming to Europe from the 21st of june, through to about the 6th of August. I’ve been around Europe twice now, both times in winter, and one was on a Contiki tour when I was 19. I can only speak from my tour, but we had 50 people from 18 through to early 30’s. Some were taken and others single, and a few, including myself, were travelling solo. We did go drinking most nights, if not all (from memory, a bottle of wine was at the table for most dinners) however it was nothing like full on partying and hooking up like most people hear.

• 30 May 2013 Tristane said

Tristane

I’m also 30 years old and have booked “Best of Europe (start in Amsterdam)” for July 9, 2013. This will be my second Contiki tour. I just did Thailand Island Hopper in February. I loved it. There were a lot of 18/19 year old “kids” , who did part their a****s off and some did hook up. But it wasn’t anything outrageous. They were having fun and were all very nice and friendly, not annoying in the least bit. there were also quite a few of us “adults” who were on the tour. Sometimes we partied as well, other times we called it an early night! There really weren’t problems with any of us. We all became a big family :) And you don’t need to be in the mix if you don’t want to be. You can be as secluded as you want I’d say. Keep in mind this was also Thailand which is pretty much a party destination. We didn’t have early days or strict time schedules like you would on a European tour; so that might curb some of the wild nights. I’m actually looking forward to going on another, and this time I will be solo so it should be interesting!

• 6 Jun 2013 Amie said

Default_avatar

I doing the European encounter tour july 26th-aug 10th :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion