Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Optionals

11 Feb 2007 Shannon Emily said

Default_avatar
Hi all

How do you pay for your optional extras? Do you just pay at the time and with cash or what?
Also i was thinking of taking a credit card for purchases like souvineers and just having cash for lunch dinners etc. Is this how other people did it?

Thanks

Shan Smiler
  • 11 Feb 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

What tour are you taking?

if it’s a long tour, maybe 2 installments,
    otherwise you pay all at once at the beginning of the tour. It all depends on your TM.

Optionals –> cash

credit card for large purchase otherwise.

Vic

• 24 Jun 2007 Cherie said

Default_avatar

For Ultimate European do u pay for your optionals upfront? if you decide along the way that you don’t want to do an optional and have already paid for it how would that work out???

• 25 Jun 2007 kelleymuka said

Default_avatar

I believe that how and when the TM collects the money for optionals is up to each TM. The way we did it was during our roadtrips you would go see the TM at the front of bus and pay for which excursions you wanted. You could pay for them all at once or just one at a time if you wanted.

I suggest paying for all of the ones you plan on taking as soon as possible (just so you know where you stand with spending money for the rest of the trip). They will obviously give you your money back if you do not do the optional.

• 27 Jun 2007 Cherie said

Default_avatar

thanks for that, jsut need to get my info and then work that one out!!!!

• 29 Jun 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

TM’s each collect money differently.

Generally the first day or two your TM will go over the optionals and give you a sheet where you say which you want to do. They may collect all the money upfront or in installments.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.