Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is Contiki the right company for a Married couple?

22 Jan 2008 Kiwi_chk asked

Default_avatar
Hi, we are a married couple in our late 20s/early 30s, and I was wondering if we would feel a bit weird going on a Contiki tour?? We don't want to go out and party/drink, and we are probably older than most on the tour, but some of the tours sound so good!
Any advice?
  • 22 Jan 2008 said

Default_avatar

We had three married couples on our tour who had a great time!

The tour is set up to appeal to all kinds of groups and there is no pressure to drink if you don’t want to. It would be nice if you joined the group on occasion to be social but if you didn’t want to, that would be fine too.

I’d say if you wanted to see a lot of the country and make some great friends, you would be welcomed by everyone on the bus.

I’d say go for it!

• 22 Jan 2008 Mic said

Default_avatar

Being married doesn’t matter. Do it.

• 23 Jan 2008 Pervy said

Pervy

My brother and his wife did contiki and my brother tells me it was the best time of his life. I’ve done 3 contiki’s now one in europe and two in the States and on both US tours there have been married couples. Two of them were on their honeymoons. One couple even found out they were having a baby mid way through the tour. There were also plenty of people over 25 on the Us tours.

• 23 Jan 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

We had 4 married couples on my tour and 1 engaged and several as couples. They all had a good time. I think as long as you mingle in with everyone regardless if you are married or not you will have a good time and make some great friends.

• 24 Jan 2008 David said

David

i done the wild western for my honey moon and had a fantastic time , there about four other couples on it as well. the ages of people ranged from 18 to 35 and you dont have to mix with everyone but whats the point of doing a tour if your not going to have fun with your new buddies and yes we did spend some nights by ourselves but i can say is DO IT

• 9 Feb 2008 Jess&Aleks said

Default_avatar

We had alot of couples married or engaged on our tour and everyone loved them.. They didnt always come out but then sometimes the groups of friends headed off too.. If you wanna do a contiki dont let your married status stop you!

• 11 Feb 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

Plenty of couples travel with contiki and have a great time. At the same time contiki is a very social tour, you don’t have go out every night, but it’s good to go out some nights and get to know people, they’re your family for the length of the tour.

Many companies do similar itineraries to the ones that Contiki does, the difference with contiki is that you’re traveling with your own age group and getting to know each other and going out and doing stuff. You’re unlikely to get that on a Trafalgar tour, or certainly not to the same extent.

• 15 Feb 2008 Travelista said

Default_avatar

My husband and I did the Simply Italy tour last summer and loved it! There were two other married couples and two engaged couples on the trip. We had a lot of fun meeting the other people on the tour. We also are in our late 20’s and were little worried we’d feel “old.” But that wasn’t the case. Yes, most of the people on the tour were in their early 20’s, but we never felt age was a factor. Bottom line is everyone on the tour there to have fun and to gain new experiences. You’ll get along just fine if you are friendly and open to meeting new people, no matter what your status or age.

• 7 Mar 2008 jimmalenko said

Default_avatar

We are 29 and 26 and did the Grand Northern USA in May 07 for our honeymoon. There were two other married couples on the trip and about a third of all travellers were our age or older. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and showed either our age or our wisdom by only going out every couple of nights.

We highly recommend it.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.