Community_discussions_small  

Question

Winter wanderer Jan 5th 2014

29 May 2013 PennyJ asked

Default_avatar

Hi everyone,
looking to do the winter wanderer Jan 5th 2014 and then the Egypt and the nile, have done contiki of the US 2 years ago and loved it. Just wondering who else is on the tour and hoping the weather won't be too cold!

• 31 May 2013 aleise said

aleise

Hey, I’m booked in for the winter wanderer starting Jan 5th! Going solo so really looking forward to meeting some people on here first!

• 1 Jun 2013 PennyJ said

Default_avatar

Yay awesome! Im from melbourne, where r u from? R u doing anything after the trip? It should be fun, im just worried about the weather, not really a winter fan haha!

• 2 Jun 2013 aleise said

aleise

I’m from Melbourne too! I’m looking to do short tours of Ireland and Scotland after the trip finishes. Yeah I’m pretty worried that I’m going to freeze, Melbourne winters are pretty mild compared to Europe I think!

• 14 Jun 2013 samantha345 said

Default_avatar

Hey :) I’m also thinking of doing this tour on Jan 5th. I’m from NZ and i’m doing this trip solo as well. :)

• 16 Aug 2013 Stroevey said

Stroevey

Hey! I’m all booked in, I’m from Bathurst Australia, going over solo and I’m really excited :) looking forward to meeting you all!

• 18 Nov 2013 Tahlia said

Tahlia

Hey I’m going solo as well. From Perth lol. Should be really fun!

• 18 Nov 2013 Dani2203 said

Dani2203

Hi PennyJ, I did this tour last winter, it can be really cold at some places and not in others. Be prepared with warm clothes and good warm walking shoes!! You wont need them everyday of the trip but you will appreciate having them when you do need them! We were in Germany in early Jan and they were having a warm spell with temperatures only getting as low as -5. I would hate to have been there for when they thought it was cold!!

• 19 Nov 2013 aleise said

aleise

Tahlia, and anyone else booked in, come and join the meet up for this tour! We’re getting to know each other over there :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.