Community_discussions_small  

Comment

LA Explorer 7th August 2011

14 Sep 2010 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle
Hey Everyone,

I'm about to book for the above trip. Anyone else booking? I know I'm a bit early... but very excited haha. Travelling solo. 25/F from Australia.
  • 10 Nov 2010 Jax036 said

Default_avatar

Hi!
    I’m also on this tour. I will be 24 when we go.
    I’m also female travelling by myself from Perth. I am so excited. I’m doing the Grand Southern straight after… what else are you planning on doing while you are over there?

Jaclyn

• 18 Nov 2010 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Hi Jaclyn,

I’m doing the Wild Western straight after the LA Explorer, I’m spending a few days before and after in LA before flying to Hawaii and doing a cruise on the Pride of America.

Are you going over earlier? I’ve only booked 2 nights before at Kyoto at this stage but have enough time off work to squeeze another few days in before if things work out.

ARGH I’m so excited someones finally going on the same trip as me!!

Nikki Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Nov 2010 Jax036 said

Default_avatar

I fly in the day before the LA Explorer and I start the Grand Southern the day after we finish and the NY Explorer when I finish that. I can’t wait! I’m so jealous, I’d love to see Hawaii and a cruise would be sooooo nice! I’m hoping to head back over to America again in the future. Maybe I’ll see Hawaii then!

• 18 Nov 2010 Jax036 said

Default_avatar

And I’m also really excited to find someone on the same tour Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 19 Nov 2010 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

It actually works out really well. My parents are going to be in the US around the same time so I’m gonna meet them in Hawaii haha.

I’m planning on doing the East Coast on another trip. There are some really amazing sounding tours over there so I thought I might hold off and do that another time. I think work would kill me if I asked for longer than the 6 weeks I’ve taken off. Plus I don’t have that much more Annual Leave haha.

You’ve contikied before I see. Did you enjoy it? This is my first, and my first big overseas trip (NZ and South Pacific don’t really count haha) so I am really really excited.

• 2 Dec 2010 Jax036 said

Default_avatar

I would’ve loved to have spent more time on the East Coast too… but I’m in the same boat, I don’t have enough annual leave to stay longer!

I loved my last Contiki. I’m not the biggest partier but it still got me out of my shell, and I had the most fantastic time.

I am super excited too. And I’ve been so busy at work I haven’t had a chance to talk the ear off any of my friends yet!

The worst thing is probably the length of the flight… but I love flying so there really was no low point of my trip! I did have a guy basically sitting in my lap for the second leg of my flight to London so that may have put a dampener on things!

I don’t usually talk this much! I babble when I’m excited Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 28 Dec 2010 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Hello Hello,

Yeah a lack of annual leave is hard. I’ve got the savings for all this travelling however not enough of the leave haha.

Is the flying that bad? The longest I’ve ever flown is Cairns or New Zealand…so not really long at all. I’ve travelled 10+ hours in a car but never on a plane and I’m a little worried about it. Any tips? haha.

Ahh now that Christmas is over the countdown begins Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I need to book airfares in the next week or so. How exciting Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Jan 2011 Jax036 said

Default_avatar

I dont mind the flying, since the trip is so long, you are going to be feed well and there will be some entertainment on the flight. Just make sure you claim all the space around your seat and don’t let people sit on your lap Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> (unless you want them to)

So what are you looking forward to the most in LA?

• 3 Apr 2011 Lozza Bowie said

Lozza Bowie

Hi my husbane (32) and i (30) are doing this contiki as well. we fly into la on the friday the 5th of august and have 2 nights pre accom at the grand kyoto. this is our second contiki after doing euro contiki last year. look forward to metting you both.
    lauren.

• 3 Apr 2011 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Sounds great Lauren. I’ll be there 2 nights before as well. I am definetly looking forward to it. You exploring anywhere else after the LA Explorer?

• 4 Apr 2011 Lozza Bowie said

Lozza Bowie

Hey Nik

yeah all up we will be traveling for about 3 1/2 weeks. After la we are off to las vegas, canada and then on to new york. we are staying in canada with a friend we made on our last contiki. we are doing the new york explorer in new york. i have bee counting down since 58 weeks to go lol only 17 now.
    what time do you get in on the friday? we arrive at about 10am. andrews sister will be working in la while we are there so we plan to catch up with her maybe on the saturday before the tour starts which will be cool.

Jaclyn what dates are your new york explorer? we are booked for the 23rd of august.

chat soon guys.

loz :-D

• 19 May 2011 Alessandra said

Alessandra

Hi! I will be in the LA Explorer, too, then joining La to the Bay! I have just booked, I’m so happy I got a seat!!! :-) I’m Italian but I live in Germany. This is my 3rd contiki, I’ve been to Spain&Portugal and to Greece with them, and wanted to travel with contiki again before I get too old (I’m becoming 34 in 10 days). I’m travelling on my own, so I’d like to get in touch with other people of my tour. I’m so excited! I should be concentrated on my Ph.D exam, it’s in the week before the holiday, but I’m thinking much more of the tour!!! :-D I booked my flight from frankfurt yesterday! Looking forward to august! hope to hear from you! :-)

• 23 May 2011 Lozza Bowie said

Lozza Bowie

Hi Alessandra it is not long now for our trip so excited too. good to meet another person online before the LA explorer it is gonna be a blast. chat soon
    loz.

• 23 May 2011 Alessandra said

Alessandra

Hi Lozza, nice to hear from you! I’m also glat to meet some other people online! I’ve seen in your profile you are only in the LA Explorer with me over there. I’m sure it will be great! C u!

• 17 Jun 2011 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

48 sleeps until I fly out nowr so I think that makes it 50 sleeps until our tour leaves :O I can’t wait!!

• 17 Jul 2011 Explorer1153079 said

Default_avatar

Hello everyone!!

OMG! Jax!! I’m Robert also from Perth!! also travelling solo!
    I’m staying in the city afterwards! all day on the 10th and 11th Aug, wanna hang out?

We could go shopping, or go check out the beaches!

I’m not looking forward to the long flight though, nearly 14 hrs from Sydney to LA, then connecting flight to NY to start the NY Explorer on the 2nd Aug.

Chat soon

Bye

• 20 Jul 2011 Brendan Cullen said

Default_avatar

Hi all

I’m Brendan and I also doing the La explorer and grand southern and the NY explorer in August.
    I’m travelling by myself for the first time and also freaking out about the plane ride but other than that I CANT WAIT.

• 20 Jul 2011 Explorer1153079 said

Default_avatar

Hello Brendan!

What date are you going on the LA Explorer?

I have to travel 5 hrs from Perth to Sydney, then 14 hrs from Sydney to LA, catch the connecting flight to NY for another 5 hrs.

So that’s 24 hrs of flying for me, plus waiting time at airports.

I’m gonna be really tired! the long flights can be exhausting, but it’s so worth it.

• 20 Jul 2011 Brendan Cullen said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the LA explorer starting the 7 August but flying out from Brisbane to Sydney then to LA on the 6 August.
    I was thinking I was going to be on the plane for a long time but I think you win there that will suck.

• 21 Jul 2011 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Hey Hey :)
    Yeah 24 hours of flying time totally wins all of the arguments. You poor thing. I’m flying to Sydney to Hawaii then Hawaii to LA in the same day and have never flown solo internationally before however for some reason I’m not too concerned about it; I figure I will probably crash out for most of the flight anyway as I’m leaving Sydney at about 9.30pm.

Not long now. 14 sleeps for me….night sleeps that is. I’ve got this stupid bug that’s going around and am off work today so I may have a nap this afternoon…which kinda throws me count out..

See you all on the 7th :)
    Nikki

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.