Community_discussions_small  

Question

what is there to buy?

29 Dec 2010 Brooke2010 asked

Brooke2010
hi everyone..

im going on the European Inspiration tour on 28May 2011... I was just thinking what i would be able to buy when im in europe? i am very fussy when it comes to clothes so i probly wont buy much clothes when i go there.. do people usually spend alot of money on accessories e.g pens, key rings...

also i am only thinking of spending my money on food and the optionals how much would i budget for my 19 day trip???

thanks.
  • 30 Dec 2010 Brooke2010 said

Brooke2010

thanks ladyraindbow.. im heaps excited..

i think ill aim to $150AUD a day and i wanna c the Lion King in London Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 30 Dec 2010 Ren said

Ren

I am budgeting 100 GBP or 100 EURO a day which is close to $150 AUD, im sure we will have money left over!

I am doing the Big Chill on the 10th May!

I saw the Lion King in Sydney, which was awesome and tossing up whether to see it again in London. I think I will see Phantom of the Opera also!!

• 31 Dec 2010 Emma B said

Emma B

i did the london/paris/amsterdam and i was aiming for 100 euro a day and i did not spend that much> i came home with quite a bit but i am not a big shopper when i travel but i did spend majority of my money on food and drinks

• 2 Jan 2011 Explorer1197020 said

Default_avatar

hi, as said above there are so many nice clothing shops in europe which are also cheap. heard of H&M?? lol. souveniers are also pretty cheap depends what your going to collect. i estimated 100e a day. and 110p a day. i had half of my london budget converted to euro and my parents were transferring me euros which i told them they wouldnt need to do the last lot. i think on an expensive day i spent 60e on a cheap day 15. dont foreget bus days you will only buy some food which you can try steal some from breakfast. also i only drunk when alcohol was free Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Jan 2011 Jennieva30 said

Jennieva30

I as well am interested in the European Inspiration in May, what would the weather be like around that time of yr? Any thoughts?

• 5 Jan 2011 SarahD222 said

Default_avatar

When was alcohol free??

• 17 Jan 2011 Ang said

Default_avatar

“free” alcohol maybe means the couple of bottles of wine per table included in most optional dinners?

In terms of buying stuff, remember whatever you buy you have to carry and get home. If you’re just doing the tour, maybe that’s not a big deal. if you’re travelling around after, it may be.

• 6 Feb 2011 Kris&Paul2011 said

Kris&Paul2011

I’m travelling to europe on european inspiration tour in Sept 2011.. how do I find out about going to see ‘the lion king’ in london?!

• 6 Feb 2011 LadyRainbow said

LadyRainbow

I’m pretty sure they’ll give you info at the Contiki Basement in London.

• 14 May 2011 Tashi said

Tashi

HI ive sat and worked out a budget espeacially for euro Inspirations tour which im doing in aug i figured that with all the extras id want to do and museaums id want to visit in each city and offcourse you need to concider all the meals they provide and budget accordingly heres a rough idea of the budget for this tour from my research hope it helps ! its customised for my taste and ive over budgeted for paris coz i know how mad i am about french perfume and pastrys
    even though this is my set budget i plan on taking a 1000 more for the things i really want and the just in cases
    is youy want a copy of my spread sheet let me know and enjoy your trip guys !

€ excursion meal to buy ESTIMATED BUDGET
    JNBAMSTERDAM € 50
    ARRIVE AMSTERDAM 29 (CANAL CRUISE) L € 50
    AMSTERDAM 31 (Volendam rest) L / D € 100
    AMSTERDAM TO BERLIN L € 50
    BERLIN 9 (Historical TOUR) L / D € 100
    BERLIN TO PRAGUE L € 50
    PRAGUE 26 (Lunch Cruise) L / D € 100
    PRAGUE TO MUNICH L / D € 50
    MUNICH L € 100
    MUNICH TO VENICE L € 50
    VENICE 50 GONDOLA / DINNER L / D € 100